Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my gskill ramm not to long ago.. it was all working good. then one day i had some updating to do (software) so i had to restart my rig.. when i turned it back on only 8gb out of the 12 were useable.. i was pissed i tried the whole take all the sticks out and put them back in one at a time.. and it still didnt work.. at first i didnt mind much partly cause i dont have time cause i have to work a full time job. but now am just pissed.. newegg was being stupid and they said that they dont rma that item anymore.. eventhought i just bought it like a month ago.. ahhh.. idk what to do anymore

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasnt overclocking them at all

· semi-legit
24,502 Posts
RMA with G.Skill...

Things like this can happen with any brand; one bad experience doesn't constitute them sucking major anything as a company.

· Registered
2,705 Posts
When I RMAed my gskill ram, I had replacement ram in my hands in like 10 days from the day I started the RMA.

If you have some bad sticks just start an RMA with Gskill, they will take care of it faster than newegg.

· Banned
2,661 Posts
G.Skill is one of the most reliable RAM manufacturers on the market, if not the most reliable. You just had a bad kit, it happens with any manufacturers, not worth posting about it when you could always rma it and then post about how it went

· Nobody
6,544 Posts
Yea, Just RMA through G.Skill , everytime I have done an RMA through them they have been absolutely great.

Love G.Skill man, and ram from any company can die on ya. Don't know why people get so tore up over it, crap happens man. But at least G.Skill is a company that backs their product and WILL take care of you. Unless you broke the dimm in half or something you're not telling us.

· Registered
3,288 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computergeek92 View Post
i got my gskill ramm not to long ago.. it was all working good. then one day i had some updating to do (software) so i had to restart my rig.. when i turned it back on only 8gb out of the 12 were useable.. i was pissed i tried the whole take all the sticks out and put them back in one at a time.. and it still didnt work.. at first i didnt mind much partly cause i dont have time cause i have to work a full time job. but now am just pissed.. newegg was being stupid and they said that they dont rma that item anymore.. eventhought i just bought it like a month ago.. ahhh.. idk what to do anymore
I hope you know your RAM might be be the culprit. You may have bent pins on your mobo socket.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i did teh memtest but it only read 8gb.. so i did the rma through gskill and ill see what happens

· Registered
231 Posts
man G Skill rocks. One of my sticks went out and I rma through gskill, the day I went to send my stick off I got the new one in the mail, so they sent it before ever recieving my bad one. never seen a company do that before. Not to mention they told me to only send that bad stick and they sent me a pack of 2 sticks!

· Premium Member
10,575 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computergeek92 View Post
... newegg was being stupid and they said that they dont rma that item anymore.. eventhought i just bought it like a month ago.. ahhh.. idk what to do anymore
Well, Newegg's RAM return policy specifically states they must have it in 30 days. How are they being stupid for following their policy?
After 30 days, you must go through G.Skill (which as many have said is not a bad process).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.