Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just bought the ram listed below, after months of BSODS after adding 16gb more ram to current setup i ended up selling the new ram corsair 4.32 and buying something expensive so i wouldnt have any more headaches.... Needless to say it wont even run at xmp. It boots and everything, it wont even BSOD but games crash and after a while it throws errors in stress tests.Im running

i9 10900k
z490 aorus master latest bios
1tb evoplus NVME
3060ti
x62 kraken 280mm
corsair RM750

I have tried running at 1.45v, tried running 1.3 vccio/sa, i even loosened the timings. I tried no XMP and just enter timings / voltage / speed manually and letting the board decide. Nothing is working. I have tried with default settings aswel (no oc on cpu). Can you guys PLEASE help me get these sticks running at there advitised speed. The board auto's trfc sooooo high and i have tried to go 780 or less and it wont boot.... i just wanted some nice ram and no more headaches, as bdie is unrealisticly expensive in aus, confirmed bdie anyways. Thanks

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4-32000) CL18-22-22-42 1.40V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C18D-32GTZR

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was temperature related..... i thought bdie was the one thats sensitive to temps, these throw heaps of errors the moment 1 stick hits 46c+

I considered that but there is no way to buy 4.31, theres literally no way to tell, and my current 4.31's dont really overclock well anyways

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It was temperature related..... i thought bdie was the one thats sensitive to temps, these throw heaps of errors the moment 1 stick hits 46c+

I considered that but there is no way to buy 4.31, theres literally no way to tell, and my current 4.31's dont really overclock well anyways
It's easy to tell. Any 3,600+ MHz kit with flat 14s as the primaries is guaranteed Samsung B-die.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes but i already have 4.31, and they are 16 18 18 20 or some ****, and you literally can't buy them anymore :( so im selling them and bought these.

Anything confirmed bdie in aus is expensive, i actually can't even find any 32gb kits (2x 16gb) thats are cl14 or even cl16 tight timings, we get ripped hard here in australia.

Can you guys tell me what im working with please, what chips throw errors at 45 degree's other then bdie? i just wnna know what to expect out of them, thanks

·
Mojave Overclocking
948 Posts
Did you check if the ram is compatable with your motherboard? Check the the Gigabytes website and see if they list that specific ram. If they do then you should be able to get it running, if not it might just be really hard to get it to run at 4000mhz. You might have to drop to 3866 to get it to stablelize. Hynix ram can be very finicky.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah its not on the list for the z490 master, but these sticks were literally made 2 months ago, the board was made years ago

But i indeed couldn't get it running at 4000, currently using 3800 16 21 21 36 64 650, would love to tighten them more, thanks!

·
Mojave Overclocking
948 Posts
I had the same problem as you, got some hynix sticks, nothing i could do would stabilize them. Had to send them back. OFC i was using 4800mhz sticks, but brining them down from 4800 to 4266 wouldnt even get them to stop throwing codes. I do however have gskill 4000mhz cl19 bdie i got years ago. Still going strong can do 4266 cl16 gear2 but am running 3866 gear 1 14-15-15-26. So i hate to say it you need to find something that your mobo supports that you can get. Doesnt matter if the ram was just made. If the board doesnt show support it could be a headache like your having. Or it could run just fine. Depends on your mobo, imc, and ram quality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Im going to take your advice, this has been the worst experience ever :'( i now have ripped them out have my old ****ty binned bdie corsair vengeance pro 16gb in, wont even run at 18 18 18 36 @ 3600 lol, im going go through amazon return process and buy a kit off the qvl list...

Just wish there was a way to see timings on amazon, only some kits show them and of course they are never tight timings.... or if they are they are $700 lol, and if use bdie finder it never has the right model number in australia... I guess we don't have any bdie in the country? :'(

Are these garanteed bdie? a lot of people saying so

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Office supplies

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im a little lost, seems not many 32gb kits were even tested on the z490 aorus qvl list.... I want to make sure the next ram i buy will be bdie and no more headaches, ill wait for an answer before i buy this time

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Z490 will work best/easiest with 2x16 instead of 4x8 for b die.

Also use RAM Configurator - G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., for help with what will work/compatible.

For b die 3200c14, 3600c16-16-16, 3600c14. 4000c16-16-16 are a few that I know are b die in 2x16 off hand.

Manufature QVL is not that meaningful memory can be on there but still may need to be manually set. Your best bet for working out of the box will be something in the 3200 to 3600 XMP range.

Also newer bios doesnt always mean it is better. Many times I have seen older bioses be better for stability. I know on Asus a lot of times within the first few months those bioses are some of the best for OC and stability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So no matter what its going to be better with 2 sticks instead of 4? ive read some boards need 4 sticks, or if running dual channel they need to be dual rank..... Everything is so confusing.... Ill even buy the $500 cl16 version of the ones i listed above if someone can tell me they are bdie and will work.... im sure there are 2x16 options but not on qvl? I know you mention its not a big deal but i need to make sure i get it right this time. That gskill calculator is nice but as i said we seemingly got no bdie in the country, hoping to be proven wrong. Only kits i can find that are gauranteed are like $700+ this is to expensive for ddr4 no?

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
So no matter what its going to be better with 2 sticks instead of 4? ive read some boards need 4 sticks, or if running dual channel they need to be dual rank..... Everything is so confusing.... Ill even buy the $500 cl16 version of the ones i listed above if someone can tell me they are bdie and will work.... im sure there are 2x16 options but not on qvl? I know you mention its not a big deal but i need to make sure i get it right this time. Thanks
z490 is t topology so it can run 2 sticks easier than 4.

Looking here it doesnt look good for the corsair 4x8 to be b die. [Übersicht] - Die ultimative HARDWARELUXX Samsung 8Gb B-Die Liste - alle Hersteller (04.06.22)

Edit the 36000c18 are likely not b die you would need to get the 3600c16 or c14 to ensure b die on Corair.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I might have actually found a good option? Once again the question comes down to is it bdie? i deffintely wont be able to find cl14 version in aus, no matter the price they just dont exist.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Magenta

Just realised these are 3200.... god this is a sad experience, i can't find these in 3600.... only in cl18 XD

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yeah none of those links are actually shipping from australia, like i said seems like we have little to no bdie in the country, im not willing to wait 2 weeks+ for shipping. Also the list you send to determine bdie dosen't even include the closest thing i can find to bdie which are these.

Font Parallel Automotive design Rectangle Screenshot

I am unable to find ‎F4-3600C16D-32GVKC on this list. Is this just another australian issue lol

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Yeah none of those links are actually shipping from australia, like i said seems like we have little to no bdie in the country, im not willing to wait 2 weeks+ for shipping. Also the list you send to determine bdie dosen't even include the closest thing i can find to bdie which are these.

View attachment 2564998

I am unable to find ‎F4-3600C16D-32GVKC on this list. Is this just another australian issue lol

View attachment 2564999

It doesnt inlcude them because they are not b die. I have good idea of what is b die and what you have shown you want isnt b die that I know of.

Hopefully someone else can help you, that list is the most comprehensive there is so if it is not on there it is probabably not b die.

·
Registered
217 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts