1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My config:

Ryzen 9 5950x
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero x570
G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C14D-32GTZNA (2x16GB)

RAM TIMINGS

Test TM5 [email protected] did not result in any errors

I don't want to be extreme, as my computer is on 24x7, used mainly for 3D drawing work, and a little bit of gaming.

My question is, did I set the timings correctly? voltage OK, would that affect warranty? any other tests to prove that 100% stable? As I inform you, I don't want anything extreme, just a good and reliable config.

· Registered
5,719 Posts
You're basically fine if you can pass an anta777 config. Any other issue would be the CPU/board.
Even if your RAM hypothetically dies, G.Skill would never be able to find out, since memory overclock settings don't get permanently applied to the kit itself.
I'm not sure what your VDIMM is, but I'm confident you're fine. Just enjoy it.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're basically fine if you can pass an anta777 config. Any other issue would be the CPU/board.
Even if your RAM hypothetically dies, G.Skill would never be able to find out, since memory overclock settings don't get permanently applied to the kit itself.
I'm not sure what your VDIMM is, but I'm confident you're fine. Just enjoy it.
Thanks very much Ichirou, sorry for not sending the bios voltage setting, follow the image.

I'm new to the overclocking world so I was afraid of putting some wrong time, or something extreme that could damage my kit, thanks a lot for your feedback

· Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, you'll be fine with Samsung B-die up to 1.60V (the highest voltage sold on XMP nowadays).
And your VSoC is low, so that's not an issue.

· Registered
5,719 Posts
I just did the test with the config [email protected] and it gave an error, strange that the extreme config didn't result in any errors. Please what can i do to fix ?

Cannot diagnose anta777 errors. Have to use 1usmus instead.
But chances are, it's probably a heat error. Try loosening tRFC first.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But chances are, it's probably a heat error. Try loosening tRFC first.
What values should I change to tRFC, tRFC2 and tRFC4 should they also be changed? should I base myself on something closer to XMP? please what correct value should i put?

yes heat for me has always been a problem city is very hot 42ºC

· Registered
5,719 Posts
What values should I change to tRFC, tRFC2 and tRFC4 should they also be changed? should I base myself on something closer to XMP? please what correct value should i put?

yes heat for me has always been a problem city is very hot 42ºC

Yeah, that explains it then.
tRFC2 and tRFC4 can be ignored.
Just try reducing tRFC by multiples of 16 until things start to stabilize.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that explains it then.
tRFC2 and tRFC4 can be ignored.
Just try reducing tRFC by multiples of 16 until things start to stabilize.
hey Ichirou, thanks for help, I made some changes to the following values

tFAW 12 > 44

tWTRS 5 > 4

twtrl 14 > 8

twr 12 > 14

tRFC 288 > 360

trfc2 214 > 267

trfc4 132 > 164

What is your opinion, test anta777 extreme and absolut everything OK

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Set tFAW to 16 and the RRD's to suit
Hello Ichirou, I did several tests, changing values little by little, trying a fine adjustment, I reached the values, without any error in the anta777 test, either extreme or absout

I was recommended to do a test hci memtest coverage 1000% which would be the final proof that it has no errors and is 100% stable, do you think it's necessary?

and since I'm new with all this, I still have doubts if the values I've been decreasing are correct, or consistent, but I hope everything is OK

Thanks a lot for all the help

· Registered
5,719 Posts
Hello Ichirou, I did several tests, changing values little by little, trying a fine adjustment, I reached the values, without any error in the anta777 test, either extreme or absout

I was recommended to do a test hci memtest coverage 1000% which would be the final proof that it has no errors and is 100% stable, do you think it's necessary?

and since I'm new with all this, I still have doubts if the values I've been decreasing are correct, or consistent, but I hope everything is OK

Thanks a lot for all the help
Nah, not really necessary. Just enjoy your PC.

· Registered
5,719 Posts
Ichirou Would you help me ? TM5 didn't show any errors now the HCI after 10hrs shows 3 errors, what time can I relax to disappear these errors?

RAM is overheating. Buy a fan.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RAM is overheating. Buy a fan.
I wasn't convinced that it could be temperatures, I don't know if it's true but they said that errors appear at temperatures above 60º, so I did some test rounds, I returned the times to the initial stage, but now no errors are displayed, even with temperatures close to 60º
I still don't know how to use a parameter if for CL14 3600 this is a normal result?

· Riding on the edge
3,345 Posts
I wasn't convinced that it could be temperatures, I don't know if it's true but they said that errors appear at temperatures above 60º, so I did some test rounds, I returned the times to the initial stage, but now no errors are displayed, even with temperatures close to 60º
I still don't know how to use a parameter if for CL14 3600 this is a normal result?
I've read many have issues with B-Die at 50c when OC'd.
I too suggest you add active memory cooling. Takes much less time to add rather than testing without.

I run a 120mm supported from above with zip ties that blows across my 4 x 8 SR F4-3600c14Q GTZNA NEO's
Mine only see mid to upper 40's after 3-4 hrs of testing (HCI, Anta777, TM5) again running four Dimms C14 3800MHz 1900/1900/1900 with 1.48v to give you an idea of temps.

I found this thread most helpful when learning the ins and outs of memory with zen3 A guide to ram overclocking on Zen 3
It's worth the read if you haven't seen it yet.
Looks like your Latency could use a little help (y)
This is my daily driver.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Software

1 - 16 of 16 Posts