Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Benq GW2760HS that I love - great color, perfect blacks etc, and I don't need/want more than 60hz for gaming.

But I would like G-sync so I can move around freely between 30 and 60 fps.

But it seems most G-sync monitors are either terrible, expensive, or plagued by QC issues.

This monitor cost around £200.

Is there a G-sync monitor that could match the IQ of this monitor? (it's a VA panel)
Is there a G-sync monitor that could match the IQ of this monitor for less than 3 times the price or some other ludicrous sum?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the same monitor! But why do you want to move between 30 and 60 fps?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you're happy to game at 30-60fps at 1920 x 1080 and want a relatively affordable model that is somewhat similar to the GW2760HS, then you should consider moving to AMD. I don't know what GPU you use and how much you'd fetch for it, but with FreeSync over HDMI Samsung (and likely BenQ later on) will have a range of models that will offer the sort of experience you're looking for.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lenovo Y27g supposed to come out in June for 550$, similar panel but with G-sync and 144hz.
There are no 60hz VA panels with G-sync

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCM2 View Post

If you're happy to game at 30-60fps at 1920 x 1080 and want a relatively affordable model that is somewhat similar to the GW2760HS, then you should consider moving to AMD. I don't know what GPU you use and how much you'd fetch for it, but with FreeSync over HDMI Samsung (and likely BenQ later on) will have a range of models that will offer the sort of experience you're looking for.
I suspected as much. Seems to be far more choice with Freesync than G-sync. I have a GTX970 but am very willing to look at AMD Polaris when that's out, specifically for this.

Don't mind if it's 1080 or 1440, but I only need 60fps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts