Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on here? Every time I try loading up a game it just stays at a black screen that I can't get out of. The only way to get out of the problem is to just restart the PC. I had to return the monitor to Newegg last time because it kept doing this. But now the new one they sent me is doing it again. I know it's the monitor causing these problems because my HP monitor never ever did this. In fact back when I got the first monitor from Newegg just to be sure it was the monitors fault I ran tests on both of them loading up video games and I didn't have any problems with the old cheap HP monitor. The monitor I'm using is the AOC G2460PG 24 G-Sync. After maybe a month it's alrwady doing this. Help!!!! Yes I even tried replacing the DVI cable with a better one. I'm so upset and from now on refuse to buy from AOC. The GPU I'm using is the EVGA GTX 780 3GB and the CPU I'm using is the I7 2600k.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlHootHoot View Post

Is it all games or just one? I know some games need to be launched with a certain command, then have fullscreen enables for gsync.
It's all games. It's not just starting a game up. I've had it happen when exiting a game before or when changing a graphic setting.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

When you disable g-sync does it solve the problem?
Right now I can't tell. It's working fine now. It's so weird. Sometimes it'll either work fine or it'll just not work with games at all.

·
Quiet Evangalist
411 Posts
Next time it happens, try disconnecting & reconnecting the monitor cable. I get a black screen sometimes and really only when I'm moving my pc around.. I think it looses connection momentarily just from the displayport wiggling around in the socket. Mine is also a g-sync monitor. Thinking of buying a cable with a latch now.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by POOG View Post

Quote:

When you disable g-sync does it solve the problem?
Right now I can't tell. It's working fine now. It's so weird. Sometimes it'll either work fine or it'll just not work with games at all.
Which games don't work? Try starting them in windowed mode, then use settings to go fullcreen.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgrove View Post

Are you using a dvi to displayport cable?
I'm using display port cables. My monitor doesn't come with a DVI connector.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Which games don't work? Try starting them in windowed mode, then use settings to go fullcreen.
It's done it with all the games. But the last game it's done it to was GTA5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts