Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got a G15 and can't find any use for the macro keys, I mainly play TF2 and League of Leagends, any ideas for their use?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I mainly use them to open programs. For example, m1: G1-Firefox, G2-Chrome, etc, m2: music, m3: benchmark/monitoring programs.

For gaming, i don't use them at all.

·
The Computer Guy
6,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden911 View Post
I mainly use them to open programs. For example, m1: G1-Firefox, G2-Chrome, etc, m2: music, m3: benchmark/monitoring programs.

For gaming, i don't use them at all.

what do the M1,M2,M3, & MR do?

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMOCO View Post
what do the M1,M2,M3, & MR do?
On my G110 the M1,M2,M3 keys are for changing the backlight colors.

The MR button is used to record a macro on the fly.

·
The Computer Guy
6,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SecrtAgentMan View Post
On my G110 the M1,M2,M3 keys are for changing the backlight colors.

The MR button is used to record a macro on the fly.
also what does that switch to the rt of MR do?

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Oh the little joystiq type button?

On my keyboard if it's to the right it disables the Windows key from accidentally being hit while gaming, turn it to the left and the feature will be re-enabled.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what all the buttons do, and I don't use Photoshop or play MMOs, what would I use the macro keys for while playing DoTA, HoN, or LoL.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboHertz View Post
I know what all the buttons do, and I don't use Photoshop or play MMOs, what would I use the macro keys for while playing DoTA, HoN, or LoL.
Look at them. Stare at them while thinking about the fact that the same money could've bought you a nice mechanical keyboard. (without backlight though...)

Just saying. Nothing wrong with rubber domes but there's something better about mechanicals..

But if you really like backlight.... Well.. Then you couldn't have gotten better....
Except for microsoft sidewinder x6. The best domer I have tried....

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uhm, almost no mechanical keyboards have nice features for gaming except for NKRO, while this is backlit, has an LCD, macro keys. Besides, it was for my birthday.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Nice feature 1: Great feel with the keys
2: NKRO
3: Lasts forever

And the more expensive models have a BETTER backlight than G15....
You can use sharpkeys for macro keys....

But anyways... The G15 is still a nice board....

I still suggest looking at them. There's no other use for them for you....

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not going to slap my brother in the face and sell this keyboard, I'll take it over a mechanical any day.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just got a first gen g15 as well. I'm in the same situation as yourself and have absolutely no use of the 50+ macro keys.

It's definitely more useful in an mmo with more skills than you can put on a standard keyboard. But entirely useless for most fps games.

Some ideas that come to mind for macros might be chaining together use of certain items in warcraft 3/dota/hon. I've personally never played LoL, but maybe it's something to keep in mind since the game is based off of dota anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts