Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G102 pcb is the same dimensions as gpro so you can swap shells easily.
Can anyone confirm if this is the same for the g305, reason being i have a g102 and if it is I can start making new shells for the g305 using dimensions for the bottom part of the shell i've already made for the g102.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The mounting for the G305 PCB is completely different. It's also a lot thinner.
I had to swap the base when swapping from the G203(102) to the G305 in my FK2.

What does the bottom part of the shell you made go in to?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mounting for the G305 PCB is completely different. It's also a lot thinner.
I had to swap the base when swapping from the G203(102) to the G305 in my FK2.

What does the bottom part of the shell you made go in to?
I made a bunch if 3D printable shells for the ROG sica pcb and g102, the dimensions aren't 100% perfect cause it's trial and error but i lost interest with wired mice so I'm gonna order a g305 today and measure the pcb and start with that.
I made a thread a few months ago when i started 3D design talking about all this and have a bunch of shell shapes.
Unfortunately the college ran out of PLA and they ordered from a crappy vendor and it took a month to get here and then people have been breaking the 3D printer with their bad designs and funky settings so i had to clean out a bunch of plastic this week but now it's up a running and i want to make shells for the g305.
Here's on of the sica shells it's tiny and the pcb just about fits, scroll wheel doesn't fit though and never bothered going on with this shell
The grey one is my general idea of the shape i wanna pursue, flat sided knizu with a 1 degree angle tapering from top to bot. just need the mount dimesnions, switch height, lens dimensions etc. and i can make the bottom and prob attach a battery compartment to the top side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
[...] just need the mount dimesnions, switch height, [...]
The G305 is built really weird. On the main PCB, you have just the mouse wheel and the sensor, but not the main buttons. The left and right mouse button switches are instead on a separate PCB that is attached to the top shell of the mouse. This is connected to the main PCB with a cable.

The battery compartment is also part of the top shell and connected with a cable to the lower half of the mouse. A third cable is going to another PCB for the thumb buttons.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I made a bunch if 3D printable shells for the ROG sica pcb and g102, the dimensions aren't 100% perfect cause it's trial and error but i lost interest with wired mice so I'm gonna order a g305 today and measure the pcb and start with that.
I made a thread a few months ago when i started 3D design talking about all this and have a bunch of shell shapes.
Unfortunately the college ran out of PLA and they ordered from a crappy vendor and it took a month to get here and then people have been breaking the 3D printer with their bad designs and funky settings so i had to clean out a bunch of plastic this week but now it's up a running and i want to make shells for the g305.
Here's on of the sica shells it's tiny and the pcb just about fits, scroll wheel doesn't fit though and never bothered going on with this shell
The grey one is my general idea of the shape i wanna pursue, flat sided knizu with a 1 degree angle tapering from top to bot. just need the mount dimesnions, switch height, lens dimensions etc. and i can make the bottom and prob attach a battery compartment to the top side.
Will you post it to the forums? I want to make a bottom cover for the FK2 to fit the G305 PCB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts