Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Last week Codemasters released a two level playable demo allowing you to play the game on both DX9 and DX11 (if you have a Radeon HD series 5000 card that is). Also integrated is a benchmark mode, very handy. Now we'll not be using the standard benchmark yet our own scripted test run in the Ensenada Port circuit set in Baja California level where we can drive through sand, mud and water to measure the most prominent DX11 features like DX11 Hardware tessellation, Geometry instancing and displacement mapping -- plus obviously more complex shader usage.
Let's go check out both the DX9 and DX11 image quality and performance.

The review

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice review but I don't like how they just slighted the DX11 impact on the 5970. It went from 127fps in DX9 to 82fps in DX11. That's a HUGE difference. The other cards didn't experience anything close to that kind of a cut back.

·
Just Lift Bro
3,234 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodcord
View Post

Good review but why did they make a review on the demo if the final version is going to be released today?

Well i dunno the offical release is eu is like the 11th or something even though people on steam have had it for a few days.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a coupon that came with my 5870 and i had to activate it through steam, it says that the game is available but it won't let me Download it. The Official Steam Release date is today @ 3PM PST (We suppose) that is in 6 minutes.

EDIT: They moved the release date from 12/1 to 12/4 to 12/8 and now 12/11. W T F !!!!!!!

Update: Game status has changed, you can Download the game now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts