Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOURCE

Quote:
SmoothCreations delivers another thrilling custom computer. The LANShark is small, light, and fast. While it is plenty fast, its overclocking potential is limited by its cooling, however.

The aim towards durability may compromises its full speed, but the custom paint job totally makes up for it.

Of course, the mind fills with catch-phrases, tag lines, cliches, and one-liners. The oppression of a fertile mind! I just got a text message from Cptn. Obvious, “It’s Shark Week at Guru3d.com…†That's a bit obvious, though.

·
Premium Member
20,339 Posts
Nice paint but they could have painted the DVD drive to match.

Also the specs are pretty unbalanced;

An i965? Put in a D0 I920. It will overclock better at lower volts. Not to mention being $700 cheaper

GTX295? A pair of 4890's would be faster and cheaper.

Just an odd combination of parts

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar
View Post

Nice paint but they could have painted the DVD drive to match.

Also the specs are pretty unbalanced;

An i965? Put in a D0 I920. It will overclock better at lower volts. Not to mention being $700 cheaper

GTX295? A pair of 4890's would be faster and cheaper.

Just an odd combination of parts

Kinda what I was thinking, besides, the guys that buy these kinda rigs are not the ones to touch them.

They want the paint, and "stock" performance. Which is their with an i7 920, even at stock. And HD4890's in crossfire would be cheaper and run cooler if they used something like the Sapphire TOXIC or VaporX models. Or the HIS IceQ model.

·
Premium Member
11,201 Posts
powerful != best. only someone with no real knowledge of computers and has too much money would buy one of these.

btw Feed_Me ew at TT wc'ing!

·
Fan Man
1,291 Posts
Pffft.....that's not a "review", that's just publicity, SmoothCreations have sponsored them i the past multiple times.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by oliverw92 View Post
powerful != best. only someone with no real knowledge of computers and has too much money would buy one of these.

btw Feed_Me ew at TT wc'ing!
I know, it's ****!

Actually using Intel stock atm instead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts