Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a problem with buying lots of mice constantly, I'm probably not the only one in here, but since G400 has been one of my favourite mice of all time because of how comfortable it is (I like ergonomic mice with thumb rest) I have to ask about the g402 since I'm considering buying it.

Soo the only thing I dislike about the g400 is the high LOD, not sure how high the lod is in the g402... and second thing I wanted to ask is how do the g402 sensor perform in comparison? I feel like I can't play at all with the g100s because of the high lod aswell, it gets playable with the tape fix, but I've never been a fan of that, feels kinda unatural sometimes. Does the g402 have those issues fixed? with the turbo thing.

Second is, how comfortable it is in comparison to the g400? i can see the thumb rest isn't as deep, is that something you definitely notice? and how accurate is the sensor overall compared to like 3310?

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lod is pretty high on the 402. I would say it is at least 2.5 mm if not more out of the on a cloth mouse pad. you have to use the tape trick and once you find the perfect spot to reduce the LOD and make it usable. sensor is top notch on the 402...it's an am010 on steroids with a gyroscope...doesn't have any acceleration and doesn't spin out when u move too fast because of the gyroscope.i would say there is nothing wrong with the sensor.

the right side of it is rubber and i haven't had a g400 before to compare it to so i wouldn't know how different the right side is but I kind of felt a discomfort on my ring finger because of the lip on the right but maybe you are used to it considering you used the g400 before

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
tried/considered G502 as well?
I think G502's shape is a little wider but more similar in shape, and would have no LOD problems or anything.

overall just a better mouse albeit a bit heavier- you can modify it a bit to bring it closer to G400's weight though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunelover View Post

Lod is pretty high on the 402. I would say it is at least 2.5 mm if not more out of the on a cloth mouse pad. you have to use the tape trick and once you find the perfect spot to reduce the LOD and make it usable. sensor is top notch on the 402...it's an am010 on steroids with a gyroscope...doesn't have any acceleration and doesn't spin out when u move too fast because of the gyroscope.i would say there is nothing wrong with the sensor.

the right side of it is rubber and i haven't had a g400 before to compare it to so i wouldn't know how different the right side is but I kind of felt a discomfort on my ring finger because of the lip on the right but maybe you are used to it considering you used the g400 before
Thanks. I'm not interested in tape fixes at all, looks like I'll just skip it and keep my g400 until it dies and see what to do by then, doesn't sound like there is much reason to upgrade then :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

tried/considered G502 as well?
I think G502's shape is a little wider but more similar in shape, and would have no LOD problems or anything.

overall just a better mouse albeit a bit heavier- you can modify it a bit to bring it closer to G400's weight though.
The fact that it's heavy just kills it for me completely, I play csgo and I never prefered big sized mice overall, so getting a big size + heavy mouse is gonna kill me. I'm not good with modifying, specielly with a price that insanely high for a mouse. If I'd commit to paying that much, I'd atleast expect a perfect mouse for my taste, but thanks for the suggestion none the less.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

Thanks. I'm not interested in tape fixes at all, looks like I'll just skip it and keep my g400 until it dies and see what to do by then, doesn't sound like there is much reason to upgrade then :/
The fact that it's heavy just kills it for me completely, I play csgo and I never prefered big sized mice overall, so getting a big size + heavy mouse is gonna kill me. I'm not good with modifying, specielly with a price that insanely high for a mouse. If I'd commit to paying that much, I'd atleast expect a perfect mouse for my taste, but thanks for the suggestion none the less.
I understand
tongue.gif
but if you do mod it, you can get it down to 106g (mine is 106g currently at least on my scale)
that is lighter than the G400S without cable.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

I understand
tongue.gif
but if you do mod it, you can get it down to 106g (mine is 106g currently at least on my scale)
that is lighter than the G400S without cable.
Sounds good, but that price is gonna bankrupt me. And I've never done modding before, I'll just **** it up, I mean I do like the g400 shape, but not THAT much.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
g402 sensor feels very good. Closer to 3366 than 3090 I would say (even though technically an older sensor). Quite responsive and quite accurate. Medium lod.

Also, it is very easy to take weight out, cause most of it is in the front(will have good weight balance). IF you take out the Sniper button and cpi buttons you're already reducing a lot, since they have these bars that attach to the main piece, which add weight. You can get it as low as 88-87 grams if you take everything out.

If you ever start doing it, hit us up so we can guide you if you want.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
LOD for my G402 varies noticeably on my surfaces. I get the lowest on the Logitech pad and the highest on the QcK.

Sensor is great. Grip is a little different but shape is otherwise familiar. It doesn't have a strict grip form compared to the older models which may be a good or a bad.

As a longtime Logitech potato shape user the G402 for me was a return home after trying other mice to see what the competition offered. Once it was in my hands it was a feeling lke no other. No major adjustments or anything. Just bliss.

YMMV of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts