Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29314

Quote:

The only problem is that we're unsure what the real schedule is. I can tell you that it is probably not realistic to expect this chip and cards based on G71 sooner than end of February. Early March could be the best bet, but this is the perfect case scenario. It is a long time from tape out till final chip and we know that Nvidia taped out the chip in the first half of January.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...124235047.html

Quote:

Taiwanese web-site DigiTimes reported citing Paul Sun, general manager of Nvidia Taiwan that the leading designer of GPUs is “scheduled to introduce a new GPU series to target the high-end segment in early Marchâ€.

Not as early as everyone expected.

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
nVidia had a good run with the 7800 GTX. I am happy for ATI, they have a killer product out. Also, they have loads of the cards to sell. I can see their share in the market come back now. I am doing the happy anti-monopoly dance.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I'm with Sun, I was just visiting Alienware.com to check if they had the Raptor 150s among other things (I have a friend who used to build customs but loves the piece of mind of his Alienware, he's planning on ordering a new ALX soon....) and I saw that they are finally selling systems with CrossFire as well as the new X1900XTX, and Alienware isn't the only company with CrossFire, things are looking much brighter for ATI once again.

EDIT/// To the best of my knowledge, G71 will be the 7900 series and my guess is they will have a GTX version with a ~700MHz clock and 32 pipes and a GT also with 32 pipes but somewhere around ~600MHz clock, I expect both to have ~1500MHz+ GDDR3 and 512MB of it, remember though this is my speculation only.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3r3my

Sorry Yiffy...looks like it wont be coming out Feb 14...

Heh, that sounded awfully personal..
Hell, it's good news for me, more time for my GTX to still be top of the line so I can sell it off later and buy a 7900.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Heh, that sounded awfully personal..
Hell, it's good news for me, more time for my GTX to still be top of the line so I can sell it off later and buy a 7900.

lol ya just messin...but I think its good cause it gives ATI a chance to catch up a little bit.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Ya, now its ATI who has the new cards out first and nVidia who is falling behind, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
For the longest time I supported ATI until I thought about it and how ATI is from Canada and nvidia is not only from the USA (which I am from) but is from California like me! GO HOME BOYS! lol. But seriously, aside from my GeForce 2 Mx440 I have in my Dell that I got solely for its single digit price (lol!) every GPU I own is an ATI, so it made me fell good when I saw that Alienware and other major retailers were selling systems with CrossFire and the X1900 in them, I mean just because I now support NV doesn't mean I want to see ATI fail in any way, I actually liked the days when the X800 and 6800 were so close in performance it actually paid off to be a fanboy, that way you knew which one to buy lol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts