Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I dont have one, but whats the issue you are having? Most laptop issues arent model dependent. If you give us some idea of whats going on, we can do more to help.

Just to preface, most laptop power issues end up being a hardware issue as they are well before the OS loads. So it is very possible you have a bad system board, bad charger, or a broken button. but since you didnt say whats actually happening its hard to say.

Just a suggestion if its an issue where the system doesnt want to boot. Pull the battery out, pull the AC Adapter out, and then hold the power button for 5-8 seconds. This will reset the PMU (power management unit) which controls the powere.

Another thing you can try, I know it works on some laptops, is try booting the laptop with only AC power and no battery. If its a 'smart' battery and its going bad it can interfere with the power on process but once removed the computer is able to boot.
Likewise if you normally power on with it plugged in, try without it plugged in. A bad AC Adapter can also cause power on issues.

Those are just a couple places to start. I cant say it enough though, give us some more information so we can try to give better help thats oriented more towards your issue.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will press the button lights up and i hear the drive spin then shuts down then back up again but no drive sound
i have to hold the button a few times before its comes on

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
honestly it sounds like a bad systemboard or HD. I say this because its powering on, then it detects hardware and starts to initialize the hardware then it cuts out. So to me that sounds like your SATA or HD controller are dieing or that the controller on the HD itself is failing.

Did you try the PMU reset?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i havnt yet i will later its not a huge issue but itd be nice to hit the button once and it start lol

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I'll do what I can from the forums to get it to that point for you

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i did the power reset and it started up first push but i think it might have to do with my mouse ive heard of issues with the steelseries xai,cause i have noticed it has slowed my start up down

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
It was the mouse?? Just assumed you didn't have anything on the computer. Glad it's working for you again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts