Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that the motherboard with an onboard video card is cheaper than the one without one?

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
965P-DS3 also supports Hyperthreading. Those are the only differences I could see. And Onboard video can make installing video cards a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p
View Post

965P-DS3 also supports Hyperthreading. Those are the only differences I could see. And Onboard video can make installing video cards a bit of a pain.

What do you mean by it supporting Hyperthreading, don't all mobos that come with a cheap that have it support it? So I'm guessing the one without an onboard video is better.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Are the Core 2 Duo CPUs hyperthreaded?

• Rep+
Reactions: splat00n

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p
View Post

Are the Core 2 Duo CPUs hyperthreaded?

None are. The most recent intel chip that supports hyperthreading is the Pentium D 965 EE.

Here's a thread i made a few months ago, same topic: http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...-965p-ds3.html

• Rep+
Reactions: pow3rtr1p

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Sweet, thanks! Just imagine a hyperthreaded quad-core Core 2 chip... or even a hyperthreaded E6600...

Life would be good.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Its just the onboard/ and non-onboard video.

That and I think Newegg has it listed as 6 on 1 and 4 on the other board.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p View Post
Sweet, thanks! Just imagine a hyperthreaded quad-core Core 2 chip... or even a hyperthreaded E6600...

Life would be good.
I heard from someone on this forum that HT was invented to make up for the old intel chips' lack of efficiency. So that's why the dual cores and Core 2s don't need it, or it wouldn't be much use to have it. I'm sure if it was a good thing, they would have included it on the X6800.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts