Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just finished installing Vista X64 on my new build and I downloaded the F9 BIOS from Gigabyte's site to update my BIOS to it (duh).

It downloads as a self-extracting archive, then when I try to run it, it tells me something about not being supported on that version of Windows, and that I have to check if I downloaded the correct file (for x86 or x64). However, on Gigabyte's site, there is no separate version for x64. Does the BIOS update program not support x64? Any ideas? :s

·
STG3 VET
13,129 Posts
just find where you can download the iso if there is one. then burn the iso to a blank cd or dvd. restart comp and leave cd in. it will boot from the cd if no select the comp to. when it boots up click yes to do the bios update

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

just find where you can download the iso if there is one. then burn the iso to a blank cd or dvd. restart comp and leave cd in. it will boot from the cd if no select the comp to. when it boots up click yes to do the bios update

There doesn't seem to be an ISO floating around unfortunately =/.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.