Overclock.net banner

GA-MA790GP-DS4H - Slow to load BIOS and not detecting second Hard Drive

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Cyn 
#1 ·
Hello,

Like the topic says, I have a GA-MA790GP-DS4H, and after turning it on today, it hangs on a black screen for about 20 seconds besides showing the bios loadup screen, then takes another minute from there to load. On top of that, the second hard drive is absolutely not being detected.

The other HD is a Seagate 500GIG http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148294 and the BIOS is currently the F6 version.

Please help, any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6 View Post
Does it at least go past POST?
Yes, it posts the CPU just ram, and the RAM is detected perfectly as well. I tried resetting the CMOS and also replaced the Lithium battery of the motherboard.

Essentially, it'll take 25 seconds to get to the BIOS screen (Where you can push del to go into the BIOS) and hangs up there for about 2 minutes, before proceeding foward to load windows.

Furthermore, one of the 2 hard drives are not able to be detected.
I pretty much ran out of ideas I could do. My BIOS is up to date with the latest version to.

#4 ·
I have had two gigabyte boards, make sure you do not have anything plugged on your USBs besides Mouse, keyboard etc...

My EP45 does the exact same thing when i have my MP3 player or a USB Drive plugged in... and also with another hard drive i used to boot DOS from

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danker16 View Post
I have had two gigabyte boards, make sure you do not have anything plugged on your USBs besides Mouse, keyboard etc...

My EP45 does the exact same thing when i have my MP3 player or a USB Drive plugged in... and also with another hard drive i used to boot DOS from
Yeah, I sometimes seemed to have a problem just getting the comp running when I had too many USB devices plugged in. Unfortunately unplugging my devices doesn't seem to work this time with this particular problem >_<

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
Yeah, I sometimes seemed to have a problem just getting the comp running when I had too many USB devices plugged in. Unfortunately unplugging my devices doesn't seem to work this time with this particular problem >_<
As far as this problem goes try disabling the leg usb in the bios.

For your hdd try a different sata cable and or use different sata port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.