Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I currently have my CPU at maximum overclock, i just cant get it to run any harder.... for the moment.

One of my issues is, my ram is PC8500 (1066MHZ) and its running under @ 900MHZ. For owners of this MB, my SPD ratio (FSB to RAM speed) is 2.0, so its 450 x 2 = 900MHZ. has anybody been able to clock this ram higher without adjusting the FSB and have it stable? technically it should go over fairly easy, but i just cant get the ****er to work.

my DDR2Overvoltage is @ 0.275, im pretty sure the board runs ram default @ 1.8v, so that would mean my ram is 2.075. i put the overvolt to .3 (in the purple zone) and i got stuck in a boot loop. reset CMOS style. my ram is registered to run @ 2.35v and still not void warranty. any ideas on how to hurt my ram more?

any help would be awesome. cheers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What kind of RAM is it? I think you're correct about the 1.8v default on the DS3.

What happens if you increase voltage on the RAM, and undo your CPU overclock, does the RAM run stable at a higher multiplier?

What are the timings for your RAM? Do you have it on Auto? If so, try loosening the timings a bit.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by intence View Post
What kind of RAM is it? I think you're correct about the 1.8v default on the DS3.

What happens if you increase voltage on the RAM, and undo your CPU overclock, does the RAM run stable at a higher multiplier?

What are the timings for your RAM? Do you have it on Auto? If so, try loosening the timings a bit.
Its in my system description, i have 4x1gb OCZ-Reaper PC-8500 ram. I havnt tried undoing the CPU overclock before increasing RAM voltage, simply coz i want higher overclock RAM with my overclocked CPU. did u mean maybe overvolt the RAM first, THEN overclock CPU? i have had the system runnings stable with 500 x 7 settings. that = 3.5ghz and my ram was running @ 1000mhz. still under but stable. yet a 500mhz FSB puts massive strain on my NB.

My ram is set to the stock recommended timings 5-5-5-15 (not AUTO, i input those speeds). Its registered to run those timings @ 1066mhz which is its stock speed. mines actually underclocked ATM (900MHZ), so if anything i could tighten the timings. how loose should i go though if i want to go higher than stock RAM speed? if it gets too loose, is it worth it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts