Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1. I wanted to know if there are any other boards with a stock liquid cooling block on it.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
the new ud7 as well as the ud9, im not sure about other, but its almost useless. checkout how the waterblock on the ud7 is mounted, its mounted on fins, not directly to the nb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. That's a disappointment. I think they could market something like that easily, being that you have to void the warranty in order to install a north/south bridge mosfet block.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
it does look cool though, i have seen many people cut the heat pipes and do stuff like that. I personally custom air cool all my overclocking mother boards, im in the process of doing it for my UD5.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
probably the bloodrage. ANyways if you look at review, the NB waterblock does some good, but probably wont do anything for you unless your under 0c, but even in that case the cooling solution will cool the NB, and if it doesn't you can use a fan 24/7. But for putting a NB block into your cooling loop it will just descrease water pressure, add heat, and be a hinderance to your watercooling setup, thats just my humble opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts