Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Quarantined in the Sticks
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battlefield 5 To Have Lead Female Character, Weather Effects, And More Info - Rumor

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-5-to-have-lead-female-character-weather-effects-and-more-info-rumor#gK0YxgdujGxc4CHd.99
Quote:
Battlefield 5's existence is confirmed as much as an unannounced game's existence can be- and it is widely speculated to hit later this year. Meanwhile, new rumors keep cropping us that tell us more about what kind of game we can expect with DICE's fifth outing- such as this newest leak, which hints at a very different Battlefield game than any we have had yet.
Quote:
The rumor comes from YouTuber IceManAuz, who apparently had an anonymous insider approach him. According to the rumor, it seems as though weather will have a big role to play in the game- so much so that battles could be affected by weather conditions such as storms or tornadoes. The game is apparently going to be set in a future North America, and will see the government wrestling with a military coup. Extremely importantly, it appears as though the protagonist this time around will be female- a refreshing change for a genre traditionally marked by having generic white male protagonists.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Female lead, let me guess... there will be outrage?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,885 Posts
Tornadoes? If I die from a flying cow or tree I'll rage so quick... but as long as it's just visual I'm all for it
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post

Tornadoes? If I die from a flying cow or tree I'll rage so quick... but as long as it's just visual I'm all for it
biggrin.gif
I probably die from laughing if i get killed by a flying cow tbh.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Sounds cool if true.

I'm definitely looking forward to a next Battlefield game.

Some people seem to be kicking up quite a fuss over a female lead, pretty sad to be honest. There's nothing wrong with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use View Post

PMSL, so much THIS.
Link: Sharknado
I've actually seen that movie. It was terrible, so terrible it was soo funny!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Oh it will be just another game like the previous 4 games....
rolleyes.gif

If anyone reach 3 of any game series, they should use profit to create something entirely new instead of becoming lazy and milking gamers which is ultimately what most companies do in the end

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Please note guys that any sexist/derogatory/demeaning/insulting/disrespectful comments towards any gender will be removed.
Quote:
||General Guidelines||

Your usage of Overclock.net is contingent on the following:

You positively contribute to the forum and its membership
You aid in maintaining a friendly and professional atmosphere
You live within the rules and regulations set out by Overclock.net
You respect the site, its management and its members
You do not troll or attempt to stir up trouble within the community
You do not accrue more than 20 active infraction points OR 10 total infractions.
http://www.overclock.net/a/terms-of-service

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Some people seem to be kicking up quite a fuss over a female lead, pretty sad to be honest. There's nothing wrong with that.
Yes there's nothing wrong with that, I'll gladly play with female characters watch films with female leads (feminine "female") and so on... unless I'm being forced on by nonsense.

And yeah, that film was hilarious!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don't even play COD or BF for the story lol so doesn't matter

·
Quarantined in the Sticks
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i mean in black ops 3 all i play is the female outrider gear, she is the only one with the insane gear unlocks
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh wow, a futuristic North America, who would have guessed?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I don't mind seeing female lead caracter if they have a great story for it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If any of this is true:

They could put a monkey as the lead character. BF single player campaigns (Hardline included) have been awful since BF3. DICE is just doing this to be trendy, catering to an agenda. I'll
rolleyes.gif
and move on.

So, looks like a 'weather system' will take over the Levolution gimmick we saw in BF4. Only 3 maps had any real change to them after a Levolution event occurred. Parcel Storm, Siege of Shanghai and Gulf of Oman 2014.........and two of those were weather changes.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a nickname View Post

I don't mind seeing female lead caracter if they have a great story for it.
Same, not sure why everyone is taking the SJW thing so far.. We can at least wait and see what type of character she is.

I'm all for going against censorship and giving devs the freedom to put what ever they want in their games, but us calling every female/minority that's in a game something just to please SJW's is nonsensical.

• Rep+
Reactions: claes

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Who cares about SP anyway its BATTLEFIELD . i just hope they improve netcode and bring server/gsps to more regions to avoid network related problems. and please Dx12/vulkan
smile.gif

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucdan View Post

Female lead, let me guess... there will be outrage?
They will give her tiny breasts, so there will be no chance of protest. Just like star wars and all modern movies.

busty = sexist

flat = progressive

Bonus points if they show her beating up an aggressive male in a cut scene.
She will probably be some vaguely non-white character with a foreign accent. There's no way they
will use a real person you might see in the army, like a short, tough black woman who is in charge of
convoy operations.

I am willing to bet that there will be a "as good as a man" cut scene in the trailer where some muscle bound guy
gets his ass beaten by the 2strong4u female lead.

You know who I would want to see in the game? A real kind of female soldier, not some carefully crafted hollywood gymnast mocap nonsense.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/may052010/perez-honors.php

I want to see a character like Lt. Perez, a real soldier who gave her life for her country.
You need look no further to find the kind of character to put in the game. Craft a character who is similar to her.
You don't need to invent some politically correct Frankenstein when you have real heroes to emulate.

I hope they do that and don't awkwardly shoehorn a bunch of traits into a female character.

/rant

1 - 20 of 185 Posts