Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
god praise the 290X.

When I upgraded from my GTX 680 to the 290X it was like a moderate upgrade. In most games it was like 25-30% faster.

2 years later the 290X is like 110% faster than the GTX 680 Kepler
biggrin.gif
 

·
Top kek
Joined
·
3,578 Posts
Nice, although no FuryX results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

god praise the 290X.

When I upgraded from my GTX 680 to the 290X it was like a moderate upgrade. In most games it was like 25-30% faster.

2 years later the 290X is like 110% faster than the GTX 680 Kepler
biggrin.gif
I did a similar thing, but from a GTX760 to a 290X and it really seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. There are some quirks that I don't necessarily love, but from a performance standpoint this card is the best money I've spent on a GPU.
 

·
Official Luddite of OCN
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious25 View Post

I did a similar thing, but from a GTX760 to a 290X and it really seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. There are some quirks that I don't necessarily love, but from a performance standpoint this card is the best money I've spent on a GPU.
Yup my last two gpu purchases have felt that way. 7970ghz edition and 290x.. Both are still very admiral performers today considering the 7970 is from 2011 and the 290x is 2.5 years old already.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
46,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezlednutball View Post

0 crossfire sli scaling. way to go M$
thumb.gif
Cause its DX12.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
46,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezlednutball View Post

AOTS and Hitman use both of my graphics cards no problem
I do not thing Hitman DX12 support CFX/SLI. AOTS support Dual GPU. I think its the only game that does.
 

·
Overclocked by Jesus
Joined
·
4,751 Posts
It plays great for me 1080p High with my 970. It will not let me set Ultra. Is there something I am missing? 8GB RAM not enough?
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
46,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

It plays great for me 1080p High with my 970. It will not let me set Ultra. Is there something I am missing? 8GB RAM not enough?
Maybe vRAM? I thing you need 6GB.
 

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
Joined
·
11,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

It plays great for me 1080p High with my 970. It will not let me set Ultra. Is there something I am missing? 8GB RAM not enough?
Probably not, 8 GB of RAM is below the recommend amount for 1080p 60 FPS (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Maybe vRAM? I thing you need 6GB.
Officially, the GTX 970 can do 1080p at 60 FPS, that is the recommended GPU for 1080p 60 FPS (I'm assuming they include Ultra in that). However, when it comes to RAM the minimum for that setting is 12 GB, so that may be the problem.

See the table here:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_apex_beta_announce
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

Why is the high end AMD card always left off these reviews?
i read somewhere that they don't have Fury X sample any longer or some such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
If you haven't updated your drivers for this game yet, it provides a massive performance increase. Pretty much doubled the settings I could run on an OC'd 980 w/16GB of DDR3 on a 3770K @ 4.2ghz.
 

·
SpaceStationGaming
Joined
·
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

Why is the high end AMD card always left off these reviews?
GameGPU doesn't have a Fury X apparently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
I regret getting rid of the 290X for the titan black. Hawaii aged so well compared to Kepler.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top