Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piesquared View Post

Wow, NV seriously need to fix their crappy drivers. Good job AMD.
Okay then. Yes. No. Okay. I will restrain myself.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not completely inaccurate, but my Galaxy 670 GC (4GB vram w/ the dual fan cooler model) along with my i5 3570k fetches 29fps average on ultimate @ 1920x1080. Neither is overclocked yet, as I'm waiting until caselabs release their next case so I can water cool these guys. I'm running the latest, non-beta drivers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmz96 View Post

Not completely inaccurate, but my Galaxy 670 GC (4GB vram w/ the dual fan cooler model) along with my i5 3570k fetches 29fps average on ultimate @ 1920x1080. Neither is overclocked yet, as I'm waiting until caselabs release their next case so I can water cool these guys. I'm running the latest, non-beta drivers.
Turn tressfx off, it puts a lot of weight on nvidia cards.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Quote:

Seriously..... has absolutely nothing to do with drivers...

All nVidia users should disable TressFX if you want decent fps, unless you have some serious grunt(ie. Titan) to plow through the directcompute on Lara's silky hair
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post

Okay then. Yes. No. Okay. I will restrain myself.
No, they do.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanVXL View Post

Seriously..... has absolutely nothing to do with drivers...

All nVidia users should disable TressFX if you want decent fps, unless you have some serious grunt(ie. Titan) to plow through the directcompute on Lara's silky hair
rolleyes.gif
Yes, I believe this has to do more with Nvidia GPUs being crippled in Compute (GTX600 series).

Edit: In fact I'd like to see a benchmark with a GTX580 since it has more compute power than the GTX680. I bet it could give the 7870 a run for it's money and maybe best the 680.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
They needed to test a Titan. The 600 series fails with computing and I believe that's the majority of how tressfx works? The 690 is able to brute force it. I could see titan doing well in this test.

There are titan owners reporting steady 60FPS with all bells/whistles enabled at 1080p. Not sure about 1600p, but I see it doing better than the 690 with tressfx enabled because it still has crippled computing.
Quote:

600 has crippled computing, tressfx will destroy them. It has nothing to do with drivers. Titan would do well because it has good computing, 690 does well because of it's sheer power. The fact they didn't test a titan makes the results seem a little bias to me.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well I've averaged out @ 58.7 FPS with max settings even TressFX with a 1920 x 1080 HD screen

Core i7 3770k @ 4 GHZ
16gb DDR3 1600
Vapor-X 7970 6gb @ 1ghz
Sapphire 7970 3gb Crossfire

( Just in case my recent sig changes aren't working )

I seem to get the most slowdown in-game when there's an up close cinematic of Lara with TressFX on.

·
Banned
6,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFaux View Post

Yes, I believe this has to do more with Nvidia GPUs being crippled in Compute (GTX600 series).

Edit: In fact I'd like to see a benchmark with a GTX580 since it has more compute power than the GTX680. I bet it could give the 7870 a run for it's money and maybe best the 680.

They did.... it was worse than the GTX660Ti

·
Registered
817 Posts
From my experience it ran fine on ultra (2560x1600). I disabled Tress FX as it was very buggy and had to disable tessellation to stop constant crashing. Hopefully the new drivers will solve this.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Tress FX will surely blow my PC up, better keep it turned off or else....
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:

They didn't have the finished game code until last weekend which is why they haven't had any time to do anything:
Quote:
Hi Brent. You can try using the latest beta driver however, please note that we are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn't receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/03/05/nvidia_gpu_performance_issues_in_new_tomb_raider

·
Banned
10,307 Posts
this is where first gen fermi comes in handy. im sure my tri sli 480 setup would decimate any gpu in that benchmark due to its vastly higher compute power.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts