Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
So in the output on our review, we want to make the following conclusion - the performance of the game Total War ROME II is more dependent on the CPU than the video card. The maximum that can pull the most top-end CPU to date Core I [email protected] 7 GHz, the video card is a level Radeon HD 7950 or GeForce GTX 660 Ti. Minimum FPS can pull up to a maximum of 38 frames, but subject to acceleration of the model to nearly 5GHz, that for the average user impracticable solution.

Extreme Overclocking Core I 5/7 will be able to give a more or less stable 25 FPS, but then again, you realize acceleration at your own risk. We write this to the fact that the forums have already met many people who have a dream of a comfortable game Total War ROME II run for the new video, but be warned that the bottleneck Total War ROME II is just the CPU and replacing the video can give a zero result . So, dear friends, expect patches that improve the optimization of the game.

With the release of the first beta patch for Total War ROME II and hotfix to him the situation in performance has not changed. AMD has released a driver version 13.10, flickering and distortion in the mode of Cross Fire gone, but the performance is strangely out in the negative, so its activation is not relevant. Just added FX 8350 overclocked to 4.5 GHz, which for him has not given little or no gain in performance ...
Source (Original)
Source (Translated)

A week or but it hadn't been posted yet and the game and series pretty popular (even though the reviews weren't so good) so I thought I'd post anyways especially since the game seems quite demanding.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaauw2513 View Post

Or it's a poorly coded piece of candy? Seriously, it's appalling..
This. Being playing Rome this past week and there's a huge huge huge problem with how it runs, even on very good systems. Even in small/medium skirmishes my PC crawls at 20FPS, and it's well above the recommended specs (and even had the visuals tuned down a lot, No AA, filtering, depth of field and SSAO off, shadows to medium etc)

The Dev's have been very active on the forums and are trying to fix the issues though, Which is good
smile.gif

I should also add that SLI doesn't work as of yet (reflected in the benchmarks, too SLI 780 and 780 almost the same)
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
When are these guys going to get a haswell setup? Even just a 4670k would be a great addition to their reviews. They somehow afforded these $500-$1000 hex cores but no $220 haswell?

·
Registered
240 Posts
it is quite pointless to bench this game since it has so many issues, even if you put everything on low it still lags no matter your setup it just works terrible and not to mention when selecting a unit on the campaign map fps drops for no damn reason the game might as well fall apart that's how badly it runs and it just gets worse as you progress in the campaign... I won't even start about the 5 minute turn waiting ugh.

its nice they are going to patch things as fast as they can but why release the game this way to begin with? better off delaying it and making sure it works.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Before the Internet, horrible releases like this would've been unforgivable. Now it seems completely normal to half-ass a huge release with 40% more budget than the last game, and just patch it up some day next week or month or something. Never going to buy their product again if this is what they call customer service.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
It's... it's... it's a game that actually benefits from all eight cores of an fx-8320. *BOGGLE*

Not enough to make it good from a price-performance perspective. But still. The size of the battles in RTW:2 is going to be awesome
smile.gif

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
oh wow, this is bad news bears.
doesnt seem like more threads help a drastic amount either...if they did, i would imagine the OC'd 3930k would have a higher pull over the OC'd 2600k...more than 15%.
what kind of trickery is afoot here?

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,146 Posts
Um, this has to be based on the benchmark.

In actual gameplay, the performance is much worse. Playable, but worse. My 780 and OC'd 3930k gets about 35-40 average. Not 52. In the benchmark, yea I get 50.

Regardless of poor optimization, the game is amazing.

Already logged in 34 hours. Love the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seepra View Post

Before the Internet, horrible releases like this would've been unforgivable. Now it seems completely normal to half-ass a huge release with 40% more budget than the last game, and just patch it up some day next week or month or something. Never going to buy their product again if this is what they call customer service.
I agree. I'm not trying to justify CA here. They pissed me off with this shoddy release, but it's still playable for me. At least I can enjoy it. Others can't say the same. I don't condone this business practice. But im not entirely sure if its just CA's fault. Or if Sega pressured them into a fall release for the boom of sales.

Either way, I have lost much respect for them.

·
Old and Crochity
5,293 Posts
I don't buy CA games until the full game and all the DLC is 20 bucks during a steam sale.. Been playing since Shogun 1 and Empire left a bad taste in my mouth. They are the kings of day one DLC and shoddy bad coding.. They somehow managed to make the AI worse while claiming to spend 40% more on their budget?

They're idiots. They do not get my money until the game is 20 dollars with ALL DLC during steam sales.. And they're lucky I give them that. Medieval 2 with mods is still fun!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
This game is a disgrace to everything Total War stands for. Not only have I spent 40 hours desperately trying to keep a Co-Op campaign with my friend going, but I've also battled the horrible ******ed lag for the other 60 hours I logged into the game. The AI is force than ever before. The Sub-optimized garbage is worse than ever before.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,787 Posts
So I see that i3 killing the AMD six core.....

·
PC Evangelist
48,325 Posts
Its funny because this game is not a port and is this bad.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The game itself is pretty amazing. They only screwed up with the graphics and AI, the core game and new features are pretty darn good. very fun. Logged in about 25 hours so far. Loads of fun, but until that AI is fixed and the graphics worked out, it just won't feel complete to me. I also miss the funny videos they had in Shogun 2!
frown.gif

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.