1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Spaghetti
1,130 Posts
It's over. Nvidia is finished

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
looks good, but they over under-utilize the non-havok parts.

developers coding the bridge part without havok would still be able to destroy the bridge piece by piece.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallien View Post
this can be run with nvidia or ati cards right? or how does that work exactly >.<
Havok Physics runs on the CPU. They are rumored to be working on a GPU version but I think Intel is really pushing multi-core and multi-threaded physics.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
Havok > all
Go play Uncharted 2 on a freakin console.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Well since OpenCL just wont get off the ground, its time for old trusty Havok to come in and steal Nvidia's thunder. I really wish everyone would use Havok like they used to.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Nothing new here, and it seems to be running very slow on the second demo

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by homestyle
View Post

looks good, but they over under-utilize the non-havok parts.

developers coding the bridge part without havok would still be able to destroy the bridge piece by piece.

The part near the very end where the bridge collapses realistically could not be coded manually unless someone was writing their own physics engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saulin
View Post

How is 30-60fps slow?

I program in Havok every day, let me assure you, there is nothing slow about it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saulin
View Post

We must have been watching different videos.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by voice
View Post

We must have been watching different videos.

Those Havok videos do look like they're running really slow when I view them through Nvidia fanboy goggles.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
its good to see some more modern havok demonstrations.

its been around for ages, and is used in nearly every game that needs real time physics on a console.

hopefully either openCL or Havok can bring a unified physics development kit so developers can stop wasting time on a closed standard tied to only a fraction of the market share. and start making dynamic physics an actual part of the game without alienating a large fraction of their customers.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts