Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought this SSD about a week ago and put a few games on it etc and now my games that are on it crash after being on them for so long

im pretty sure its the SSD thats causing it since thats when this all started to happen and btw i got crucial M4 128

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepin;15236876
i have a similar problem.... and am also looking for an answer
ya even the games that are on my 1tb black from steam are crashing since i got this SSD

·
Registered
529 Posts
i wanna think its just the fact that it is still "new" technology and hasn't been perfected yet... but maybe there is a fix i don't know about?

i get crashes on the startup of games as well as random crashes...

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
SSD is not new technology. The basic tech has been around since the 1950s. Also games crashing could be due to many reasons including, believe it or not, overclocking.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymanhb;15236915
SSD is not new technology. The basic tech has been around since the 1950s. Also games crashing could be due to many reasons including, believe it or not, overclocking.
i know it's not new technology, that's why i put the "quotes" up.

as for the overclocking, are you referring to cpu or gpu oc's?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepin;15236934
i know it's not new technology, that's why i put the "quotes" up.

as for the overclocking, are you referring to cpu or gpu oc's?
We can't really tell since saying games crashing on ssd is not really helpful. Have either of you actually tried to look up the reason they are crashing via Event Viewer?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, I'd argue overclocks are unstable, games have bugs, some device driver is causing it (my backup rig's monitor driver for example - if I install it and have my onboard audio enabled, it blue screens. if I use a sound card, no blue screens) or any other number of things. Not just because you have an SSD. I have 2, and they don't cause games to crash.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes;15236960
We can't really tell since saying games crashing on ssd is not really helpful. Have either of you actually tried to look up the reason they are crashing via Event Viewer?
i get kernal-power event ID 41 but when i dont have anything overclocked it does the same thing

EDIT: nvm thats from me restarting my computer lol

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Here's something that might help.

Steam is on my Vertex 3. Win7 is on my M4. If I launch a game, it crashes the first time. If I open windows explorer and click on the Vertex, it won't crash when I launch a game.

I have my secondary hard drives set to power down after 20 minutes. I believe that what happens is when the drive does not respond while it wakes up, the game will crash.

Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't. But I don't believe it's the ssd causing the crash if it's doesn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts