Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got this laptop with a Celly M 1.46ghz and a GMA 950. So I try loading KOTOR 2 on it. It installs fine and everything, and it works fine when I start it up, but right when I start playing, it crashes. This card should be able to run a 3 year old game on low.

I have all the latest drivers for the GMA 950 and the game is patched to the latest version. I am also having similar issues with BF2.

I would really appreciate if someone could help, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I was browsing the interwebz and it appears that other people are having the same problem. It seems to stem from the fact that the GMA 950 uses shared memory.

Does anyone know some hax to get it working?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,564 Posts
hmmm...my brothers friend had the same issue! I don't know what it could be but it's weird!

You should save some money for when the external graphics cards come out
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,833 Posts
I never got anything to really run on my GMA 950, even with 2GB of RAM and a dual-core Intel. It just isn't meant to be I think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by calvin924597
View Post

well I was browsing the interwebz and it appears that other people are having the same problem. It seems to stem from the fact that the GMA 950 uses shared memory.

Does anyone know some hax to get it working?

did you look on intels exception/bug list.

They have a list of games that have random glitches on their graphics.

However I'm not sure if thats one of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by calvin924597
View Post

well I was browsing the interwebz and it appears that other people are having the same problem. It seems to stem from the fact that the GMA 950 uses shared memory.

Does anyone know some hax to get it working?

you running it on compatibility mode? maybe there's a patch for xp....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by opty165
View Post

the reason its crashing is b/c its the GMA950


....i'm kinda scared now because my eyes have been on a notebook with a radeon xpress 1150......yes, for older games
I sure hope i don't get that kind of bs
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Niklas
View Post

....i'm kinda scared now because my eyes have been on a notebook with a radeon xpress 1150......yes, for older games
I sure hope i don't get that kind of bs

no

just like I said before intel graphics have problems with many games


That should be fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the ATI integrated graphics are great, the GMa 90 runs most things well (plays BF 1942 maxed @ 1280x800) but it just has a problem with a few games...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by calvin924597 View Post
Yeah the ATI integrated graphics are great, the GMa 90 runs most things well (plays BF 1942 maxed @ 1280x800) but it just has a problem with a few games...
you're kidding right? What kind of frame rates are you talking about?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Yeah the GMAs are POS.. i got mine to run KOTOR2 but it crashes sporadically anyway.

The reason it wont play next to any modern games is because Intel hasnt realized till now that even if you have a top of the line CPU their crappy GMA craphics will kill the system.

In other words they were to caught up in revenue that they didnt make it fully DX9 compatible.. So if a game requires 100% DX9 compatibility forget it.


I got a laptop with the GMA 945 and the only "good" game i can play is the sims 2.. nothing else in my library save like red alert 2 can be played by it.

Hope that answered your problem
~Higgins
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
you're kidding right? What kind of frame rates are you talking about?
25-30. Definiteley playable.
 

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
Joined
·
20,819 Posts
GMA950 runs bootleg DX9. It's held together with duct tape.

Most games don't like that.

Had the same problem with my Pentium M lappy. (Well, a friends Pentium M lappy. >.>)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top