Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having serious issues with my new 6800 ultra. My game crash (freeze) regularly. I have all the latest drivers. Should I have agp 3.0 calibration enabled in the bios? My graphics card is sharing IRQ with my motherboard firewire port and the soundcard firewire port. My soundcard has its own IRQ which is good I think. Can anyone help me with reassigning IRQ for firewire ports and or bios issues or anything for that matter. Im using nvidia 66.93 driver for my video card.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by michiganmatt

I'm having serious issues with my new 6800 ultra. My game crash (freeze) regularly. I have all the latest drivers. Should I have agp 3.0 calibration enabled in the bios? My graphics card is sharing IRQ with my motherboard firewire port and the soundcard firewire port. My soundcard has its own IRQ which is good I think. Can anyone help me with reassigning IRQ for firewire ports and or bios issues or anything for that matter. Im using nvidia 66.93 driver for my video card.

are your power connectors connected to anything else besides the graphics card? your card may not be getting enough juice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have a 500 watt power supply and I have two separate molex connectors going to each connection with nothing on either chain
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom7723

are your power connectors connected to anything else besides the graphics card? your card may not be getting enough juice

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

No I have a 500 watt power supply and I have two separate molex connectors going to each connection with nothing on either chain

I have a PNY 6800 standard and I was having the same issues when I first installed it with the 69.93 drivers... I changed my driver to 70.xx beta and that solved it.

I also tryed the 61.77 version and they also worked great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was able to get the firewire ports off of my video card IRQ simply by disableing them in device manager. I don't use em anyway. And I played Call of Duty last night for a bit and no lock ups fortunately. If I do get a freeze or lock up, I think I'll try Evils advice and try the beta 70.xx drivers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

Well I was able to get the firewire ports off of my video card IRQ simply by disableing them in device manager. I don't use em anyway. And I played Call of Duty last night for a bit and no lock ups fortunately. If I do get a freeze or lock up, I think I'll try Evils advice and try the beta 70.xx drivers.

Sometimes both the 6800GT and Ultra have problems when they are on a system using the Nforce 3 chipset (pausing\\crashing). It can be fixed by disabling Fast writes in your BIOS.

Don't know if this is the same problem you are having or not

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts