Overclock.net banner

Games Randomly Freeze

818 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  csscmaster3 
#1 ·
So recently my games had started to randomly freeze on my sig rig. When they freeze I have to hit ctrl alt del, and start the task manager. Only after the task manager starts up I receive the xxx.exe has stopped working message. All the games I have played are through Steam. I know that these games randomly freeze on my system:
Metro 2033
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Garry's Mod
Counter Strike: Source

My temperatures are good, under 50C for CPU and under 65C for GPU.
My cpu has passed 24+ hours of small FFT prime95 and OCCT (the default test) for 4 hours, and my gpu has passed 20+ minutes of furmark and atitool.
All of my drivers are up to date (including newest Nvidia drivers).
I have reset my gpu clocks to stock and games still crashed.
My ram passes at least 2 passed of Memtest+.
After viewing the event logs most of the time the faulting dll is ntdll.dll, but sometimes it is the game's exe.
It is a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit.

Also I have no issues with folding on my gpu and cpu.

I will try games with stock cpu clock when I get home, but does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do?

Also, if it does turn out to be a cpu clock issue why does my cpu pass prime95 and OCCT but then crash in games?

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakb18c1
View Post

depends have u ran prime blend or linx?
also yea testing at stock clocks would rule out cpu / mobo / ram

if anything bump up the nb voltage a little.

I have not run those tests, but if lowering my cpu clock doesn't work ill try them. How do I know what nb voltage is safe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.