Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Geforce MX2 MX 400 - whatever you want to call it - and I'm just curious what games it would be able to play. Mostly looking for LAN-abble games, seeing as it'd be the 4th computer in my house capable of playing games, but also the least common denominator with regards to performance in gaming.

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by simfreak47
View Post

tbh I don't think that it would play anything LAN'able

Oh come on, it could at least play Starcraft.
I also heard rumors that it could play source engine stuff, but I haven't actually tried to do that.

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
Original Counter Strike for the win.... If you could find like the original Beta 3, that'd rock!

·
Registered
623 Posts
that's essentially a rebadged/tweaked Geforce2 (yeah, they tried to sell it with the 4 series. And you thought that nvidia rebranding was new...)

so in other words, not much

actually i overclocked one (it took INSANE clocks, like 2x stock) and it ran CS:S on really low believe it or not

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by That_guy3
View Post

Return to castle wolfenstein.

COD1. halo.

COD 1's a good idea, I'll definitely give that a try. Will throw in MoH as well.

Thanks for the inputs so far guys...

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSpike
View Post

COD 1's a good idea, I'll definitely give that a try. Will throw in MoH as well.

Thanks for the inputs so far guys...

Not a problem man. I wish a had a P3 machine and a Geforce 4 mx 4000 to use. Man that would be sweet. That was my first rig ever

I bet that card could even run Vice city

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
Oh come on, it could at least play Starcraft.
I also heard rumors that it could play source engine stuff, but I haven't actually tried to do that.
ohhhhh! I figured you were talking about newer games!

Yeah definitely the source stuff, it runs on anything

·
3,000 Posts
I had an MX420 (pci version, rawk!) that ran Medal of Honor: Allied assault well enough.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I had an MX420 in a athlon 2100xp. It couldn't play anything but diablo. With a faster cpu it should have been able to play halo.

·
3,000 Posts
actually. my Voodoo 3 2000 with custom drivers ran Counter Strike (beta 6-ish) at something like 130+ FPS... I "upgraded" to the MX420 and averaged around 40 or 50

1 - 20 of 32 Posts