Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is not quite the right place to post my question, if so please move
smile.gif

As the title says I'm looking for some good games to purchase (add to my newegg cart) that don't require internet to install/play. I've found a few good ones that I can play without internet, but need it for install. I don't currently have internet and probably won't for a couple months (military has been/is moving me around a lot).

I'm about to order a semi decent laptop from newegg, and just want to be able to play a game or two while o await my orders.

Extra points if it plays nicely with a 360 gamepad.

Thanks in advance all knowing OCN!!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I'm not sure, so this does not help

But..............the internet is so SLOW at this new house, it would probably literally take a week to DL something like FO4

At times this internet slows to 20-30kB/s, and the fastest I've ever seen is ~200kB/s. My last internet was fibreOP and could DL at 2.5MB/s.....................what a difference

·
Registered
924 Posts
You're probably looking for older games then... Batman Arkham Asylum is a good one that comes straight off the disk, early Assassin's Creed games would work too. You probably want to avoid games from Valve as most of them require steam to run... Otherwise you could emulate some old games totally offline.

I don't know, there are tons of old games you could crack out that would work no problem without internet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can most likely manage to find internet long enough to at least activate a game. I know that would up the amount of games available. Damn you DRM!!!
ninja.gif

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Whether you can find the following at retail is another matter, but all games on GoG.com (from the sister company CD Projekt Red that makes the Witcher series) are DRM free.

You might also want to look at the list of games on Steam (some of which you may find at retail) that don't have DRM. See instructions for each on the table:

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is a tough one because most games require you to download a few GBs of patches etc before you can play.

Only game I could play out of the box was far cry 4, but even then I had to activate it on uplay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts