Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visceral Games on Wednesday announced more details about the upcoming multiplayer beta for Battlefield Hardline. While a launch date for the beta is being kept under wraps for now, DICE did confirm the following:

• The Battlefield Hardline beta will be open to everyone across all platforms--PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. Launch date coming later.
  • Modes include: Hotwire (a brand new mode for the entire Battlefield series) and Conquest.
  • No cap on max progression level.

source

So according to Thaddeus Sasser:
Quote:
Let's talk about the Beta date. We don't want to announce the date until we've passed cert so that we're ABSOLUTELY sure everything is good

• Rep+
Reactions: Ghost12

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Conquest? has to do with cops/robbers what? hope this is a new twist and not just to appease the " no conquest and is not a battlefield game" crowd from the beta feedback forums, interesting news. Thanks for posting.

·
waifu for lifu
11,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt play the first beta, so this'll be interesting. From what Thaddeus is saying, its going to be soon.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
well if the release date is March, expect it soon

also, don't expect any details on the 6th DLC for BF4 until after HL releases for obvious commercial reasons

·

1,116 Posts
I'm gonna give the beta fair shot, then make up my opinion about this game.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Conquest? has to do with cops/robbers what? hope this is a new twist and not just to appease the " no conquest and is not a battlefield game" crowd from the beta feedback forums, interesting news. Thanks for posting.
I'm all for Conquest with limited access to explosives and no armored vehicles. The more I hear about this game, the more I'm liking it.

I'v moved away from liking the armored vehicles and aircraft of BF4 and more into CQB like Metro conquest or rush game mode. The vehicles have been so "balanced" that they are trash at this point.. I'm hitting people with a 50HMG on the tank repeatedly on infantry and not getting kills yet most of the "sniper rifle" guns shoot bullets not even half as powerful and one shot kill consistently. So they balance that by making it take 5-6 RPG hits to do anything to a tank to make up for it.

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
didn't they already have a beta?

·
waifu for lifu
11,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

didn't they already have a beta?
Yes. This is the 2nd beta before release.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

I'm all for Conquest with limited access to explosives and no armored vehicles. The more I hear about this game, the more I'm liking it.

I'v moved away from liking the armored vehicles and aircraft of BF4 and more into CQB like Metro conquest or rush game mode. The vehicles have been so "balanced" that they are trash at this point.. I'm hitting people with a 50HMG on the tank repeatedly on infantry and not getting kills yet most of the "sniper rifle" guns shoot bullets not even half as powerful and one shot kill consistently. So they balance that by making it take 5-6 RPG hits to do anything to a tank to make up for it.
PREACH! They nerfed every single vehicle to the point where they're almost no fun to use at all. Tanks take too many shells to kill other tanks, choppers can literally be tipped over by anything, including a gust of wind, jets are almost absolutely useless against infantry (the exact opposite was the case in BF3) and can hardly destroy anything in one planned attack (save for attack jets, which can't defend themselves against stealth jets). One thing that bothered me about BF4 is they listened to the people (crybaby noobs) that whined about vehicles to the point where it's CoD that plays different, you can destroy stuff, and play with 63 other people.....sometimes.

Here's hoping Hardline's at least turning things in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Nice, would love to get in this beta since I missed the first one.

·
waifu for lifu
11,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKE_nz View Post

Available to everyone? I hope their servers can handle it.
Well, one major reason for this 2nd beta is to thoroughly test stability. If the game cant be stable, you can count gameplay to be thrown out the window.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
1st beta was pretty decent, worked fine, stable. This one should be pretty much solid and polished.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'll give it a shot, but the first beta was pretty trash. There were just so many design flaws; it didn't feel like cops vs. robbers, you could easily spawn camp literally everywhere, game modes could be won in minutes or less (before other team showed up/spawned).... it was just really, really bad.

But a free beta is a free beta, so I'll try it (again).

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Literally no interest in this game. Still mad it's not Bad Company 3.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I wish they would make it more like BF2. That was Battlefield. Huge maps, jets actually mattered on the field with bombs, commander mode worked and was useful. You actually had to think to play BF2. In BF3, and BF4 its run and gun and dead repeat. Its more like COD then Battlefield. I can't stand Metro. Why not just buy COD instead its the same game.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon26 View Post

I wish they would make it more like BF2. That was Battlefield. Huge maps, jets actually mattered on the field with bombs, commander mode worked and was useful. You actually had to think to play BF2. In BF3, and BF4 its run and gun and dead repeat. Its more like COD then Battlefield. I can't stand Metro. Why not just buy COD instead its the same game.
#

There was jets in the hardline beta loadout if remember. I hope they are removed from retail. We don't need another unbalanced game imo.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts