Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL guy looks like one

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/us-congressman-questioned-over-1302-steam-video-ga/1100-6438061/
Quote:
Representative Duncan Hunter has been known to defend video games and vape in the House of Representatives. And now, he may also become known for using campaign funds to purchase over $1,000 worth of games on Steam.

The Federal Election Commission is questioning Hunter about the 68 different charges. The congressman says they happened because of a mistake made by his son (via San Diego Union-Tribune). Hunter registered the $1,302 in charges on his 2015 campaign finance disclosure as "personal expense--to be paid back."
LOL

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,524 Posts
surely it was a mistake. 1300 is nothing

·
Registered
783 Posts
for such worthy cause I will let this one slide.
drunken.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSebWilkes View Post

they make $170k a year? :O what?!
I thought they make around 30k as senators/representatives and the president makes 200k a year. Of course that's just the base pay the government pay them it probably changes with other income as well.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSebWilkes View Post

they make $170k a year? :O what?!
Yep. And that's for new Congress critters. There's pay increases for leadership positions and the majority leaders make $250k per year. The President makes $400k per year. Not only that, but they make that for life if they complete one term and their various insurances are paid for courtesy of the tax payers (also for life). Actually, there's all kinds of perks they don't have to pay for but probably add up to another $100k per year.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,118 Posts
Context:
Quote:
According to the congressman's spokesperson, Hunter's son used his credit card to purchase a game on Steam, which was followed by several unauthorized charges. The spokesperson said Hunter is working on getting the charges reversed before he pays back the campaign account.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltamonk View Post

Context:

According to the congressman's spokesperson, Hunter's son used his credit card to purchase a game on Steam, which was followed by several unauthorized charges. The spokesperson said Hunter is working on getting the charges reversed before he pays back the campaign account.
So the first charge was for "research purposes" to pick up a copy of Political simulator 2016. But the congressman didn't uncheck the box to save his billing information. His son discovered this during a steam sale, and the rest we know.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrwulf View Post

Yep. And that's for new Congress critters. There's pay increases for leadership positions and the majority leaders make $250k per year. The President makes $400k per year. Not only that, but they make that for life if they complete one term and their various insurances are paid for courtesy of the tax payers (also for life). Actually, there's all kinds of perks they don't have to pay for but probably add up to another $100k per year.
He also spent some money on democracy 3 to simulate how his campaign was going to end up like

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Looks like he was a victim of those "Hello, its me your brother" steam message frauds - i used to get those messages from people trying to hack or steal things from my account:
Quote:

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post

Why bother when Worms does a perfectly cromulant job.
I seriously just watched that and it is hilarious but sadly most likely true to life.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrwulf View Post

That's freaking peanuts next to security expense.. which amounts to MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS..

·
Fantastic Mr Fox
5,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFirnz View Post

If there's a stink being made about $1300 in expenses, you have to ask yourself what they're trying to divert attention away from.
You should see the kerfuffle here in Australia over helicopter rides.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I'm cool with him doing this.
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 25 Posts