Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
problem is with a newcomer in to the console scene.

you could have the greatest hardware on earth for a cheap price but unless you have software to back it up you're the jaguar or dreamcast.

that said COD will be on it.

i don't even have a source but i can say without a doubt COD will be on it.

nvm all that.

thought it was a new console...

a bad case of tl;dr.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,319 Posts
As the above poster said, how will they counter xbox/ps dominance over the console market?

Or are they only targeting the poorer countries that doesn't have access to xbox/ps?

·
AMD fan
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

As the above poster said, how will they counter xbox/ps dominance over the console market?

Or are they only targeting the poorer countries that doesn't have access to xbox/ps?
While not many people can afford a console in third world countries, they do have game centers where you can pay a small fee for a few rounds of arcade like games, soccer, basketball and racing.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Tencent is a Chinese Internet company that also controls the developer of League of Legends and has the country's biggest online game community. This will be an Intel powered console, so my guess is that it will cater to the casual Asian market, mostly Chinese, that plays more causal games such as League of Legends and others that it can download and stream like the article says. They also hold 40% of Epic Games, so perhaps throw some of those games in there too. Other than that, it's probably the equivalent of an entry level Windows powered Steam Box since it has an Intel integrated GPU and runs Windows 10.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontaz2k2 View Post

Will only buy if its ten cents.
That was lame, but i did laugh.

I dont think this is going to be marketed towards a western audience, seems more for the East side than anything. Basically a steambox for the Asian market.

·
Politically incorrect
9,292 Posts
Core i3 with iGPU or an i7 with Iris? This thing is marketed towards the ignorant masses who have no idea what they're buying but once they catch onto the fact that it's either an overpriced low power gaming PC or just a low power gaming PC they aren't going to be happy and anyone intending to use the Tencent gaming platform already has a PC so I have no idea which market this is aimed at.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

Core i3 with iGPU or an i7 with Iris? This thing is marketed towards the ignorant masses who have no idea what they're buying but once they catch onto the fact that it's either an overpriced low power gaming PC or just a low power gaming PC they aren't going to be happy and anyone intending to use the Tencent gaming platform already has a PC so I have no idea which market this is aimed at.
Aimed at the ignorant massses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts