Overclock.net banner

[Gamespot] SW:TOR last 2 classes

734 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Chimeracaust 
#1 ·
Well, it isn't updated on the main Old Republic page, but Gamespot posted an article discussing 2 new classes they apparently had a chance to demo recently: The Sith Inquisitor and the Jedi Consular.

Quote:

According to creative director James Ohlen, the inquisitor is inspired by Senator Palpatine and Darth Maul, and he claims the class is "lightly armoured, acrobatic, and uses lots of lightning abilities and telekinetics." While this combination of skills might sound strange, given that Palpatine and Maul are quite different in their fighting styles, each class has the ability to branch into two separate subclasses once you reach a certain level. In the inquisitor's case, you can focus on lightning-based abilities and become a support character, or, if you prefer melee combat, you can have a character who focuses on acrobatics, speed, and dual-wielding lightsabers. While our demo was limited to the Sith inquisitor class, Ohlen told us about the Jedi consular and how it differs from the previously announced Jedi knight. "The Jedi consular is more based in telekinetics," he said. "He stays a little bit back [in battle], although he can also engage with his lightsaber. He can use telekinetics to throw his enemies around, lift them up into the air, and slam them down to the ground."

SOURCE

Looks pretty cool, but I think I'll be playing as an Imperial Agent or Trooper from what I've seen so far. There's gonna be sooooo many Sith and Jedi runnning around when this game releases.

EDIT: crap, looks like i posted in the software section instead of video games... I'm a noob. gonna report and hopefully get it moved, sorry about that

See less See more
#3 ·
yup. If any of you guys want to keep up w/ this game there are 2 sites i've found that have good podcasts that analyze news & leaks.

http://darthhater.com

http://moseisleyradio.com

i'm leaning towards bounty hunter right now just because of all the gadgets.

#5 ·
Quote:
"He stays a little bit back [in battle], although he can also engage with his lightsaber. He can use telekinetics to throw his enemies around, lift them up into the air, and slam them down to the ground."
So I guess this is the medic/healer.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.