Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

If you're like me then you've probably devoted some thought to what you'd do in the first moments of a zombie apocalypse. My friends and I plan on heading up to a cabin -- whose location I am sworn not to disclose -- where we'll hold out with all the guns and food we can muster from our parents. Heading to a military base is also an option for us, but we've all seen how that ends up in the movies...

Still, the common thread that runs through people's zombie apocalypse plans is that the defensible bunker is usually somewhere close to home -- especially if they already live in a remote community. Yet after my recent time with the Swamp Fever and Parish campaigns of Left 4 Dead 2, I'm beginning to wonder if wilderness is any better than the city after all.

The premise for the Swamp campaign is that the survivors head into a bayou in order to find refuge within a community which has refused aid from the military and outside sources. When you first arrive it seems hopeful, like perhaps their isolationist attitude could have held out against the outbreak. However, after a short distance you realize that you're in the f**king swamp -- aka no walls -- and that these people were really just sitting around waiting to get surrounded.

Read more in the Source.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Man this looks good the swamp/cabin level. OMG, wish they had included something like this in the original but I'll wait until the price isn't $50 + change.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by S2kphile
View Post

Man this looks good the swamp/cabin level. OMG, wish they had included something like this in the original but I'll wait until the price isn't $50 + change.

Amen.... just wait until they have a 50% off deal. I'm guessing it will happen like 6 months after the release, if not sooner.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I have to admit I do enjoy L4D and I still don't agree with L4D2, but I'm not gonna rain on anyways parade, and the game does look to be fun. I'm still content on waiting till they have a half off deal.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nasher27
View Post

The spitter seems like an interesting addition to the hero infected. I'm excited, but I hope L4D2 won't be $50.

yeah, it sounds like a boomer, but longrange and making the survivors move to a new location, instead of them staying there or finding a corner fighting through the horde.

EDIT: I hope spitters can blow up like boomers but in that location it causes damage.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
It's a good thing this game doesn't look exactly like L4D1.

·
Banned
3,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpShoot3r07 View Post
lol at people who wont pay $50 for this game.
l4d was garbage so how is this gonna be any more fun

1 - 20 of 36 Posts