Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Disbarred Florida attorney and anti-games activist Jack Thompson wants to halt the release of the new Medal of Honor title, which is scheduled to release on October 12. In a letter to U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, Thompson criticizes the first-person shooter, arguing that it poses a ‘demonstrable danger to our troopers’ by providing training materials to insurgents. He also criticizes U.S. soldiers who helped produced the game as well as the ESRB.
He's at it again.
Im not mad at him, hes too adorably stupid and too much of a joke to be mad at.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/me...02102349334067

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Quote:
Disbarred Florida attorney
/thread

Honestly, until he can go out there, in the action of war himself. he cannot judge or criticize.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benladesh View Post
/thread

Honestly, until he can go out there, in the action of war himself. he cannot judge or criticize.
Agreed. And for a man who is so convinced that video games train people to be murderers how has he not been killed by a gamer yet?

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
I'm sure the first thing terrorists would think of is building a killer rig, buying MoH and then using it to train themselves. Once they picked up a real gun they would find out it was a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Jack Thompson needs to die in a fire.

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Quote:
by providing training materials to insurgents
I'd think the opposite.

Taliban member A trains for 6 months on MoH.
Taliban member A enters IRL combat.
Taliban member A attempts to press R to reload.

Result:
Failure.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
This guy has got to be the biggest douche the gaming industry has ever been involved with. Him and Kotick.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Now just imagine being his son.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel View Post
Now just imagine being his son.
omg, every teenager there is has played a video game, even if its the facebook ones, so this poor kid (if it excists) has had no real experience, seriously i don know anyone who hasent palyed the most basic video games, i mean hell while i lived in africa my maid had played games on her phone for crying out loud

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Thompson
“Sure. I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don’t think so and who don’t appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.â€
Awesome guy.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I thought he died? It must have been a dream

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Jack has already lost all credibility with anyone important. We can really just ignore this stuff now.

JT is on the losing side of this culture war.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Stuff like this isn't news, and the subject is just going to fire up a bunch of members into starting meaningless arguments, especially about the game series.

Closed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.