Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Massacring Spanish peasants is totally socially acceptable.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FieryCoD
View Post

Source taaags needed in topic name.

I personally didn't think RE5 was racist at all. What kind of person would say that?

Upper middle class white women who are for some reason still making themselves pay for slavery.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think this is the source of the racism in RE5. Sheva's alternate costume:
Source

·
Registered
892 Posts
Definitely not racist, maybe stereotypical Africa but its not racist.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22
View Post

How is that racist anyways? LOL people are need to stop crying so much.

It's hard to explain, if some other race's artistic interpretation (videogame in this case) of your race is stereotyping, how would you feel. I think it's pointless for me to explain any further.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji
View Post

It's hard to explain, if some other race's artistic interpretation (videogame in this case) of your race is stereotyping, how would you feel. I think it's pointless for me to explain any further.

my race (egyptians, middle-easterns) is stereotyped EVERYDAY. just turn on your TV. not to mention that some people tend to stay away from me when i tell them that i am egyptian. quite frankly, i don't give a flying crap. and i think that those people that think it's racist have horrible self esteem and want some sympathy (or money via lawsuit)

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji
View Post

I understand what you are saying but totally totally disagree with the accusations of this game being racist. The game takes place in a made up place of " Kijuju" supposed to be in Africa (also has been said to be Haiti). They are just portraying what they perceive as an African Queen. I don't know what research they did for this image but this does seem to be a common portrayal of said character type.

·
Banned
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FieryCoD View Post
Source taaags needed in topic name.
Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji View Post
I think this is the source of the racism in RE5. Sheva's alternate costume:
Source
That, my friend, is not racist. It's a fashion statement.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I'm on the very last part of the game (last segment) and I have yet to see that this game is racist. Perhaps if the critics would actually PLAY the game and not speculate, they'd not look stupid.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by venom55520
View Post

my race (egyptians, middle-easterns) is stereotyped EVERYDAY. just turn on your TV. not to mention that some people tend to stay away from me when i tell them that i am egyptian. quite frankly, i don't give a flying crap. and i think that those people that think it's racist have horrible self esteem and want some sympathy (or money via lawsuit)

I actually don't know any Egyptians or any Egyptians stereotypes. Maybe I should turn on the TV more often than a few times a year..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.