Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay..so it's the PSU in my rig now. Weird symptom minutes ago..I flicked the power switch on back oft he PSU to on. The PSU automatically runs [i honestly don't know why..probably to get the power going. But that's not the problem. the blue LED from the PSU fan was VERY DIM. I went outside to get a drink...a few minutes later it returned to it's normal brighter color. <br />
<br />
Is this normal guys? I don't want the LEDs to die on me

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
<i>maybe</i> the led thing happens at the beginnin (a cap charging up) but the psu automatically turning on sounds bad... i'm almost bettin that your power button is wired wrong.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
mine has a similar problem but not exactly the same. When I put my system into sleep mode the power stays running to the system. Which means that my pump is running and all the fans are as well. Which is really annoying when I want it to be silent but I dont want to have to wait for it to start up again when I turn it back on. But mine doesn't have a faint glow, it is either all the way on or off.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
It should be fine. Whats happening is that its probably very cold, and the BIOS is set to have the fans run at lower speeds when the ambient is under 15C or something to make things less quiet. When I turn my PC on the fans spin at full then my CPU fan goes fully off and my chipset fan's light fades and after a couple minutes when everything is warmed up the fans and lights spin back on again.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>ae804</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">i'm almost bettin that your power button is wired wrong.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>wired wrong? what wiring? It's just the switch on the back.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Contact OCZ reps at OCZ tech forums? Would be your best bet.<br><a href="http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45" target="_blank">http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45</a>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts