Overclock.net banner

4261 - 4267 of 4267 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
////

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\BackgroundModel\BackgroundAudioPolicy

AllowHeadlessExecution = 1 //original is 0
AllowMultipleBackgroundTasks = 1 //original is 1 (might try another value sometime)
InactivityTimeoutMs = FFFFFFFF //original is 6ddde (I think, oops)

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

DwmInputUsesIoCompletionPort = 0 //original is 1 (I suspect this could be big for input response)
EnableDwmInputProcessing = 0 // original is 7 (curious to why original is 7 and not 1)

////
Had to edit permissions for the key to make it work: https://www.howtogeek.com/262464/how-to-gain-full-permissions-to-edit-protected-registry-keys/

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
how many times do you need to replace TIM - Thermal Paste for the CPU? because for me I almost need for GPU 1080gtx Inno3D x3 and CPU every 4-5 months or so..... is it for everyone????

I have tried many Thermal Pastes, they all have the same durability, they could have different TM or whatever it's called, but I think it affects things.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
how many times do you need to replace TIM - Thermal Paste for the CPU? because for me I almost need for GPU 1080gtx Inno3D x3 and CPU every 4-5 months or so..... is it for everyone????

I have tried many Thermal Pastes, they all have the same durability, they could have different TM or whatever it's called, but I think it affects things.
Why do you ask here lol. You change the paste once you see a big raise between initial temperatures and recent and if you have to change every ~5 months then you're doing something wrong, including using sheit tier paste.

·
Registered
173 Posts
DWM Latency IO Tweak?
My cursor movement is now a dream, it actually felt really weird at first, kinda like cracking headshots without interpolation when you've been used to it.
Of course, I'm not claiming this was the actual cause (or that these even do anything), so I wonder if anyone knows what these actually do or has any experience with these. DWM disabling is a big deal for some in this community, so you might want to take a crack at it.

I await your hate comments with anticipation.
Welcome. I think it works, might just be placebo. Although I suspect the latter does more than the former. Very strange. Last night I was playing around with the DWORDS in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore and it fixed DFO even for a bit.

After using your tweak my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm registry has changed. It now looks like this. Prior to this it had a bunch of the Dwords that would affect
compositions and performance you know as "Adjust the Appearance and Performance of Windows." It included Dwords like Composition, ColorGlassAttribte, ect.

Did you already check my BlurBusters thread? Here's some more tweaks. We need to find them all. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxamm7 It was either after this tweak, or your tweak that this DWM registry changed.

Had to edit permissions for the key to make it work: How to Gain Full Permissions to Edit Protected Registry Keys
Here's even more tweaks. This guide basically took everything from my guide and added even 1000x more. https://docs.google.com/document/d/18uPEXJC5LSto8x9X_GteSI58sfQLCfamDG1HNHJWrQU/edit

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am on the most updated 2004. play apex. don't have said issues.

here is the folder on my end.

·
Registered
173 Posts
here is the folder on my end.
Yeah that's how mine used to look like. I don't know what happened. It changes back to normal after a reboot anyways.

Either way I wonder what OneCoreNoBootDWM does on my end.
Actually I found from older forums 2014-15 that your screen would go black if you change it. I do remember ending explorer.exe In win7 when I needed more performance for my games lol. [DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9841

4261 - 4267 of 4267 Posts