Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m competitive fps player,i m loking for best audio setup for competitive fps games:
- positional 3d sound
- clear sound
- best accured and biggets souundstage possible

actually have:
akg k612 pro with soundblaster z,but in game can t play with alchemy(audio bug) andd 5..1 in cs go(my main game is bugged) then i play with 2.0 input and windows 5.1

i have read ad700x is one if not the best headphone for competitive (i have 5.1 for immersive games ^^),wanna know is i have better performance with it and if some sounddcardd is better then my soundblaster z out now ^^

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
omg O.O then i think is better set a budget xD....i m lloking for max 200/250 euro upgrade
looking between q701 or ad700x if they can give me better performance
- positional 3d sound
- clear sound
- best accurated,biggest soundstage possible
there is some soundcard better then my sb z for
- positional 3d sound
- clear sound
- best accured and biggets souundstage possible

·
Premium Member
7,159 Posts
If you only care about game sound, then the ad700x is the best way to go.

If you willing to sacrifice a bit of sound stage for more sound quality for things like music, then go for the q701s.

Personally, unless you are really trying to competitively compete in csgo or something like that, I would go with the q701s.

The ad700xs are just too bass light.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post

If you only care about game sound, then the ad700x is the best way to go.

If you willing to sacrifice a bit of sound stage for more sound quality for things like music, then go for the q701s.

Personally, unless you are really trying to competitively compete in csgo or something like that, I would go with the q701s.

The ad700xs are just too bass light.
ty for the reply,i actually have a akg k612 pro and use it for music and movies,but some mouth ago i have bought a 5.1 speaker and use it for immersive games or music(with soundblaster z andd virtual sound is amazing)then now i wanna know if i change my balanced k6112 pro for a q701 or ad700x ccan i have a great difference for positional audio/soundstage/accuracy for competitive games?because i play with a team on cs go and i really looking for a competitive oriented headphone...if ad700x/q701 can give me better performance is worth for me...if the performance are quite a bit i stick with my balanced headphone ^^

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

sorry. Been working on a project.

If memory serves the K612 has a smaller sound stage, but thats about it. I would say you would be better off with the ad700x, but I am not 100% sure.
ty for the reply,for u the difference in soundstage is worth it?

·
Premium Member
7,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashim View Post

ty for the reply,for u the difference in soundstage is worth it?
I really have no idea. I do not play games to a degree in which I need better headphones.

The best advice I can give you is you can pick up the ad700x from a best buy. It may be a few bucks more than amazon, but you can plug them in and if you do not like them, you can just return them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

I really have no idea. I do not play games to a degree in which I need better headphones.

The best advice I can give you is you can pick up the ad700x from a best buy. It may be a few bucks more than amazon, but you can plug them in and if you do not like them, you can just return them.
amazon give the same service ^^

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh but I hate having to box things up and go to the post office and pay for return shipping.

I would much rather make the shorter trip to best buy and just throw the box at someones head.
k thanks ^^ but need some opinion about ad700x/q701

1 - 13 of 13 Posts