Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Almost a year and a half after it first launched for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Grand Theft Auto V, the fifth numbered entry in the franchise that started out as a PC series, is finally making its way over to PC in January of 2015.

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
GPU: GeForce GT 530
RAM: 4GB
HDD Space: 20GB

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: 2.3GHz CPU Core i5-2500t or Phenom II X4 975
GPU: GeForce GTX 480 or Radeon HD 6970
RAM: 6GB
HDD Space: 20GB
Source: http://gamingbolt.com/grand-theft-auto-5-pc-requirementsspecifications-may-have-been-leaked

The original source is in Turkish, here is a translation for it: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Frockstarturk.com%2F2014%2Fsoylenti-gta-v-pc-sistem-gereksinimleri-ortaya-cikti.html&edit-text=&act=url

I would take this "leak" with a grain of salt. They seem too good to be true.

Banned
Jesus I'm counting down the days

I now believe they might have stalled it so they can avoid Steam Sale? lol It appears every new game out on Steam always goes on sale immediately.

Doubtful though. This wait has been too long.

back at it
Yeah as a turk i can confirm
The link also states it is a rumor from another site

Its also the first time i saw a gt530 in existsnce i thought it was only 520 and 540 lol

Registered
I'm having a hard time believing that I'll be able to max the game out on my rig

Registered
I bet these are not that far off. Remember, GTA V was made for last gen consoles. Everything else was just ported from that.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hojnikb View Post

I bet these are not that far off. Remember, GTA V was made for last gen consoles. Everything else was just ported from that.
GTA V on PC was developed specifically for the PC in parallel to the console version. I think the PS4/Xbone version is a port of the PC version though.

waifu for lifu
Quote:
Originally Posted by hojnikb View Post

Yes, a very well-done port from the looks for it.

Banned
Considering the time that they took developing GTA V for PC it is possible that the upcoming GTA V was developed specifically for PC, dont get your hopes too high though as I dont believe these requirements to be 100% legit. The source aint very credible either.

Registered
I would be absolutely astounded if the recommended weren't at least a 290 and a 780.

I would also be absolutely astounded if the game even fired up with a 530 and an e8200.
biggrin.gif

Registered
Given the last year or so of releases this seems out of place. If the recommended was the minimum that would make sense. If it's true, then I'll start to worry a little bit about it being another parity title.

Premium Member
Either somebody is trolling us or this is the most efficiently developed/ported game I have ever seen.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawIX View Post

Wow, looks like they really optimized that port!
It is not necessarily a port. It may have been developed specifically for the PC platform independently of the Xbox and PlayStation versions.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcosta View Post

well not much improvement graphically from the last game
thinking.gif
Huh? There is a huge graphical improvement between IV and V.

Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

It is not necessarily a port. It may have been developed specifically for the PC platform independently of the Xbox and PlayStation versions.
You're right. I'm pretty sure that's what they did too.

Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

The graphical improvement is not huge but noticeable.
Now, I can agree with that statement. More ambient life and polished textures. Hope there is an even bigger difference from the PS3 / PS4 comparison to PS4 / PC.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.