Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
I stand by my HD 555's, they are amazing. No longer offered at newegg though for whatever reason... they ran me just under 100 dollars.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothergoose729
View Post

I stand by my HD 555's, they are amazing. No longer offered at newegg though for whatever reason... they ran me just under 100 dollars.

hmm well could you recommend something that is available?

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by P£P§!
View Post

hmm well could you recommend something that is available?

I could but it would only be based on what I heard, and not what I used. With the HD 555's I can tell you that they deliver clear, crisp and clear sound and fit comfortably. With anything else I can only tell you what I have heard other people say. I know you want to buy from newegg but Amazon has them on sale for 89$ with free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FTVDQ

I am sorry if that is not the help you were looking for

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love my Icemat Siberia headphones -- wouldn't trade them for anything. Icemat was rolled under the Steel Series brand name a couple years ago, but the product is the same.

Pros:
- great positional audio for games
- clear, crisp highs and nice bass
- the most comfortable phones I've ever worn. I wear these at 48 hour LANs and they never get uncomfortable.
- comes with an mp3 player-length cord plus a long extender with volume control, so you get the best of both worlds
- detached mic (doesn't get in the way if you're just listening to music, and the mic is better quality than some attached mics)
- pretty rugged if you treat them right. Mine have been to 10+ LANs and don't really show any signs of wear.

Cons:
- these are NOT sound-dampening headphones, if you care about that. Outside sounds will leak through.
- detached mic (I know some folks don't care for this)
- $79 plus shipping -- a little more than your stated requirement, but they are worth it IMO.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I went from Siberias to the HD-555's and WOW so much better. HD-555's are amazing for the price.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
TBH, the best quality for both mic and headphone would be to get them separately (good pair of standalone headphones + mic on a clip).

·
Science
3,485 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts