Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,046 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by P£P§!
View Post

hmm well could you recommend something that is available?

I could but it would only be based on what I heard, and not what I used. With the HD 555's I can tell you that they deliver clear, crisp and clear sound and fit comfortably. With anything else I can only tell you what I have heard other people say. I know you want to buy from newegg but Amazon has them on sale for 89$ with free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FTVDQ

I am sorry if that is not the help you were looking for

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love my Icemat Siberia headphones -- wouldn't trade them for anything. Icemat was rolled under the Steel Series brand name a couple years ago, but the product is the same.

Pros:
- great positional audio for games
- clear, crisp highs and nice bass
- the most comfortable phones I've ever worn. I wear these at 48 hour LANs and they never get uncomfortable.
- comes with an mp3 player-length cord plus a long extender with volume control, so you get the best of both worlds
- detached mic (doesn't get in the way if you're just listening to music, and the mic is better quality than some attached mics)
- pretty rugged if you treat them right. Mine have been to 10+ LANs and don't really show any signs of wear.

Cons:
- these are NOT sound-dampening headphones, if you care about that. Outside sounds will leak through.
- detached mic (I know some folks don't care for this)
- $79 plus shipping -- a little more than your stated requirement, but they are worth it IMO.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I went from Siberias to the HD-555's and WOW so much better. HD-555's are amazing for the price.

·
Science
3,487 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.