Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new headset, because i got alot of clanmatches coming up, so which one do you guys think i should pick?

Plantronics Gamecom 1 or Logitech Precision Gaming Headset?
I'm leaning towards the Plantronics because i bought a logitech headset once, really expensive and it broke after some weeks.
You could always advice me to get something else if both of those are really poor, but i'm on a low budget.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I have the Zalmans 5.1 but I've been hearing there are better ones out there for the money.
Sorry, I don't have any recommendations but I do recall some people in the vent refering to theirs having the attached boom mic.
Try a google on 5.1 headsets for some reviews

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Korke

I need to get a new headset, because i got alot of clanmatches coming up, so which one do you guys think i should pick?

Plantronics Gamecom 1 or Logitech Precision Gaming Headset?
I'm leaning towards the Plantronics because i bought a logitech headset once, really expensive and it broke after some weeks.
You could always advice me to get something else if both of those are really poor, but i'm on a low budget.

The Plantronics Gamepro 1 is awesome. I have it and love playing CS:S since I can hear all the footsteps clearly enough that I can know which direction someone is comming from, its freaking awesome. Thats my vote, but I have not tried anything else and this is my first gaming headset. but here is what I think of my headset:

Its tottaly comfortable. Like at this point (had it for a month or so) I have tried walking away from my comp with them on because I forgot that they were there. The sound quality is fantasic but could be better but the bass is out of this world, its perfect. The mic on it is tottaly 100% clear too and I have not had one problem with it.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
I have the icemat siberia headset and I absolutely love it! Its very comfortable, the sound quality is great, and it has a seperate mic. I latched the mic to my monitor and its so much better have it out of the way! These dont hurt your ears at all either. I definately recommend them. Before these I have the eDimensional force feedback headset which was good too but it hurt your ears and the mic died on it. I also had the logitech gaming headset (the ones that go behind your ears) and they were very comfortable but theyre not the best for sound quality and gaming.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

I have the icemat siberia headset and I absolutely love it! Its very comfortable, the sound quality is great, and it has a seperate mic. I latched the mic to my monitor and its so much better have it out of the way! These dont hurt your ears at all either. I definately recommend them. Before these I have the eDimensional force feedback headset which was good too but it hurt your ears and the mic died on it. I also had the logitech gaming headset (the ones that go behind your ears) and they were very comfortable but theyre not the best for sound quality and gaming.

Those ones arent USB though. I love the USB ones because it one does not need a sound card

·
Registered
169 Posts
the plantronics audio 90 is a good set. very cozy earpads, and nice surround sound feel. i think that they are a little better quality than the gamecom 1's and techbargains.com had a link to a site last week where they were only like $20 w/ shipping and all.

be sure to check out techbargains.com to see if they still have the link

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elyaas

Those ones arent USB though. I love the USB ones because it one does not need a sound card

Thats good, if you dont have a soundcard.
I wouldnt want my headphones to bypass my audigy 2 zs.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Take a look at the medusa ones. They are supposed to be very good.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

Thats good, if you dont have a soundcard.
I wouldnt want my headphones to bypass my audigy 2 zs.

Hehe, yeh, but I am cheap

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I fully recommend the senneheiser pc 150's i just got them 2 days a go and I love them. Everybody on vent says they can hear me perfectly and I love the way they sound. They sound almost as good as my senneheiser p100's which are $10 more for just the headphones not headset.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts