Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a gaming mouse and home using mouse for my new rig, well actually my first rig but all the same...

I am currently and have been using a old wireless mouse, and it has proven useful for internet browsing, but with fps gaming, and also not to mention gaming overall on the pc, I have found nothing but lag when moving it.

Which is sad due to the gpu and cpu of my rig, so much power constrained by something so small.

I am looking for something under $60...

Here is what has caught my eye, and I have spent time on researching:
--

Logitech G9x ($42) (on sale)
Logitech G500 ($60) (MSRP)
CM sentinel advance ($40-$60)

What do you guys think?

If you would like a picture of the mouse I have been using for quite a few years let me know.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The only one worth considering from those 3 mice is the G9x.

Also, have you turned on Vsync anywhere because vsync = mouse lag

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will turn vsync off.

I would watch out though, the g500 is a good mouse, lot's of people love it.

I do love logitech. =)

EDiT: Open to all suggestions and reviews.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I personally use the G500. I tried the G9x, but it didn't feel all that comfortable when I wasn't gaming. In my opinion, the G500 is the best of both the daily use and gaming worlds.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I own both the G9X and the CM Sentinel Advance. G9X is better if you are a claw-gripper and the CM Sentinel is better if you are a palmer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know exactly what I am, I'll just show a video of how I hold the mouse, that way you guys can tell me.

I would rather not just make a assumption on something that highly effects my gaming experience.

Will post link.

Edit: Youtube is refusing to complete it, stuck on 78%.

Forget it, my hand is a mix of half claw and half full hand.

So... this is difficult.

Can I get used to clawing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyDave View Post
I am currently looking for a gaming mouse and home using mouse for my new rig, well actually my first rig but all the same...

I am currently and have been using a old wireless mouse, and it has proven useful for internet browsing, but with fps gaming, and also not to mention gaming overall on the pc, I have found nothing but lag when moving it.

Which is sad due to the gpu and cpu of my rig, so much power constrained by something so small.

I am looking for something under $60...

Here is what has caught my eye, and I have spent time on researching:
--

Logitech G9x ($42) (on sale)
Logitech G500 ($60) (MSRP)
CM sentinel advance ($40-$60)

What do you guys think?

If you would like a picture of the mouse I have been using for quite a few years let me know.

Where is the G9C on sale? its a damn good price

·
Just another nerd
5,889 Posts
G500 is better OVERALL, for everyday use AND gaming.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I love my G9x. At first, I thought the shape of the smaller of the two grips was really goofy, now it fits like a glove. I love the hard rough texture. It doesn't feel sticky or slimy when covered in sweat (like the rubberized ones do).

·
New OCN got me like...
4,097 Posts
I'm a big fan of the MX 518. Mine's been going strong for 4 years, and if/when it breaks, I'm going to get another one

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
I don't quite get why the G9x and the G500 are listed together. The G9x is a claw grip mouse while the G500 is a palm grip mouse. Either mice are meant for entirely different grip styles, and most of the time if you find one of them comfortable, you'd consider the ergonomics horrid on the other.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Still using regular razer diamondback, going strong..

Though the scroll wheel doesn't click as easily as it used to (Middle mouse button).

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampen View Post
I own both the G9X and the CM Sentinel Advance. G9X is better if you are a claw-gripper and the CM Sentinel is better if you are a palmer.
This

CM sentinel for me though. so cheap and just as good as the expensive ones

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Another vote for the g500. I almost got the G9x but if I had to use it for anything other than gaming I would probably throw it out the window. But like others have said, it all depends on your grip. Go to your local tech shop or best buy and just see which one fits your hand better, it's all about what feels good in your hand. I can't comment on the CM sentinel advance since I've never used one.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
I don't quite get why the G9x and the G500 are listed together. The G9x is a claw grip mouse while the G500 is a palm grip mouse. Either mice are meant for entirely different grip styles, and most of the time if you find one of them comfortable, you'd consider the ergonomics horrid on the other.
Yes, but the G9x does come with two very different grips depending on your style.

Left side for Palm, and the Right side for Claw.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zensou View Post
Still using regular razer diamondback, going strong..

Though the scroll wheel doesn't click as easily as it used to (Middle mouse button).
You couldn't kill those. I am using an original one right now at work. Have had it for over 5 years.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I use the G500 and I think it's excellent for daily/gaming usage.
If you use claw grip, I think G9x would be more suitable

1 - 20 of 33 Posts