Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think my cordless optical mouse is dying on me after 2 years of gaming
... I am looking for a great gaming mouse, something not too big, not too small, couple of side buttons, and cordless.

Any ideas ? Newegg or XOXIDE or some site like that I prefer, but if you know I could pick it up at like Best Buy or something just let me know !
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
I have the G5.
It isnt cordless but I love it.
I chose it over the other mouses (razerback, mx500, mx1000, g7, etc).
Because it fits my hand and is comfortable.
Any of the mouses I said are good mouses.
But u gotta find one thats compatible for u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by tweako_420

I have the G5.
It isnt cordless but I love it.
I chose it over the other mouses (razerback, mx500, mx1000, g7, etc).
Because it fits my hand and is comfortable.
Any of the mouses I said are good mouses.
But u gotta find one thats compatible for u

Nice 1000th post, congrats !

Also, where did you go to try out these mouses, Best Buy, Comp USA, or any of those places ... will they have mouses this nice ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by BDillon

Hey guys, I think my cordless optical mouse is dying on me after 2 years of gaming
... I am looking for a great gaming mouse, something not too big, not too small, couple of side buttons, and cordless.

Any ideas ? Newegg or XOXIDE or some site like that I prefer, but if you know I could pick it up at like Best Buy or something just let me know !

well i read a lot of reviews about the copperhead before i bought it n all of them were good n i also have to say da it is a wonderfull laser/cordless mouse, my skillz in CSS have improved more, just to putting it simple, u have to try it to see the feeling n the diff.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153105
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
I think its better to just go to best buy and try out the mouses that they have out. What one member might think is comfortable might not fit your hand right. So its really just personal preferance. Although some mice do see to be better than others. I still love my mx 700 mouse and keyboard set by logitech. Never had a problem with either of the wireless parts.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: BDillon

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by slydog64

I think its better to just go to best buy and try out the mouses that they have out. What one member might think is comfortable might not fit your hand right. So its really just personal preferance. Although some mice do see to be better than others. I still love my mx 700 mouse and keyboard set by logitech. Never had a problem with either of the wireless parts.

Yup pretty much what he just said. Best buy , futureshop, staples. all have display mice usually.
And most of the top brands/models.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
990 Posts
I LOVE my MX518.

In Unreal Tournament 2004 I usually get 1st or 2nd in most kills (Instagib CTF and Deathmatch for now). ...and the on-the-fly DPI switching is VERY helpful for sniping when your gun doesn't have a scope.

For example, I was once playing on Face Classic map in CTF. If you don't know what that is, basically the level is low on the ends, and there is a sort of hill in the middle. Well every time I topped the hill there was a guy alll the way at his base that was deadly accurate. he just kept jumping up and down while he pwned us, and I kept zinging past him with my high DPI settings.

Well.. I'd never tried the DPI functino before, so I cut the DPI in half with the - button and top the hill once again. there he is... jumping like normal... I zing my crosshairs over his head and BOOM HEADSHOT... killed him. The slower speed allowed me to have more precision. My mousepad (bansheepad) is smooth enough, but my motor skills aren't haha.

Anyway, I love it, and it's not necessary to get the G5 unless you just really want it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,104 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheInformationator

Anyway, I love it, and it's not necessary to get the G5 unless you just really want it.

Might aswell get the G5 if you're buying a mouse. Its a laser mouse while the 518 is optical. It also has 2000DPI while the 518 has 1600. The mouse comes with a weight setup aswell which is really awesome. 9 1.7Gram weights and 9 4.5Gram weights. You put them in a 9 spot tray and slide it into the mouse. The G15 keyboard is also sweet. I highly recommend getting yourself a nice mousepad as it makes all the difference. The Ratzpads GS is nice, but is cheap and will not last long (the slick surface wears down and starts to suck). The best mousepad out there is the icemat which is made of glass. Im ordering an icemat headset and mousepad tommorrow.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: BDillon

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Thomaswil

ever try a track ball? I have been using one for years.

I cant stand those.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
990 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bigval

Might aswell get the G5 if you're buying a mouse. Its a laser mouse while the 518 is optical. It also has 2000DPI while the 518 has 1600. The mouse comes with a weight setup aswell which is really awesome. 9 1.7Gram weights and 9 4.5Gram weights. You put them in a 9 spot tray and slide it into the mouse. The G15 keyboard is also sweet. I highly recommend getting yourself a nice mousepad as it makes all the difference. The Ratzpads GS is nice, but is cheap and will not last long (the slick surface wears down and starts to suck). The best mousepad out there is the icemat which is made of glass. Im ordering an icemat headset and mousepad tommorrow.


Well all that stuff sounds dandy, but if you have a sweet pad and a high DPI mouse... the weight isn't a huge factor. I those extra goodies are more for marketing and psychological. The difference between the MX510 and MX518 is supposed to be unnoticable. How's a guy going to notice a 400dpi difference when it's already that huge? Sure it's there, but it's not necessary nor does it help gameplay if you're playing on a great mousepad.

...and by great mousepad I mean the bansheepad
. It is the best pad I've ever seen. They are friggin' expensive, especially if you inscribe a custom logo and image-text like I did hah.... took forever... but It's made of aircraft-grade aluminum, the shape of it is sweet... it's virtually perfect in flatness, it will never wear out in your lifetime, and you can kill someone with it. I decided long ago that if I became a psychopath killer, my weapon of choice would be none other than my bansheepad.


I designed my logo to match the bansheepad logo in style, and my image-text (it's a custom font I gave them in .eps image form rather than use their regular font) says "I will pwn your face"


If you want the ultimate in customizable hardcoreness in a mousepad... that's definitely the way to go. If not, well, I don't blame you for saving a few clams, but be careful in your choice because certain other gaming mousepads DO show signs of wear and tear and become worse over time.

www.bansheepad.com Join the 31337 baby


EDIT: If you want to add a custom logo, then you'll have to email them. They'll give you a special link for the extra that it will cost. Without emailing them, your only option is the standard custom text.

...and yes, trackballs are crapola for intense gaming purposes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I use the logitech laser mouse and keyboard setup (MX-1000 I think). The laser mouse is definetly more sensitive then my optical was. I only paid 100$ for the mouse and keyboard too, shipping included.
I bought it from zipzoomfly.com.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,341 Posts
Well at least trackballs pwn mirco:turd: mouses lol. They're ok for gaming and sniping but that's it....
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top