Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm hoping for some assistance with my connection between my PC and my new TV.

I picked up a Hisense 50H7GB1 at Walmart on clearance for $374, and I must say I am pretty happy with it at that price.

However, here is what I am trying to accomplish: I have my PC connected via HDMI 1.4 to the TV, and I want to use it as a gaming screen at 2560x1440 with my two R9 290s, just like my main monitor.

Here's the issue: When I set the display to 2560 x 1440 in windows, the TV reports an input resolution of 3840 x 2160. This is a big problem because then the panel is noticeably slow, as it is only running at 30hz, which is unusable in my opinion.

When I change the resolution to actual 4k, the DPI difference is crazy so I know it's a true 4k signal, so I'm not sure what is going on.

If I go into radeon settings and enable GPU scaling for the monitor, then the highest resolution I can set is 1920 x 1080. I immediately notice that it is at 60hz, but it is not the resolution I am after.

I also tried manually adding a 1440p resolution with CRU to use with GPU scaling enabled, but then the image is just fuzzy. Looks like when you have VSR.

Please help, OCN
wink.gif
How on earth can I fix this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts