Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I remember what I forgot to order... gasket sealer for the inlet/outlet on the dual bay-res(reservoir)... do i need it? the connections are not in the least loose so I'm sure it's tight but what do yall think... and I still have no idea where the heatercore is gonna go...

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

Nah, make sure you leak test it for the 24 hrs and it should be fine.

haha since my mobo is dead i think it'll be leak tested for a week!... i decided make something like this thing. It was basically what I had originally planned to do and i like it... now i need to figure out how to mount the fans to the heatercore... now to explain what it comes with...

it comes with 8 plastic screws with no end... just like the screws used on the TDX for mounting the block...
it also has 8 odd nuts that are similar to the screw for tensioning on the TDX...
8 regular silver one inch pointed screws... and 16 small nuts... what i dont see is how to mount the fans to the heatercore because there isnt really any holes for anything... do i just force them through? i can't find a guide that goes through the details... i can use logic but im tired of breaking ****

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Like I said before, If your not going to get the full-tower, do it the same way DeathONator did.

did i neglect to mention that I have a dual 120mm heatercore? I would have to remove both 3 1/2 drive bays leaveing only the 5 cdrom spots and thats no good. I don't know where and don't know if i want to get an adapter to put my sata drives in a 5.25 slot.... and i don't really want to lose my floppy slot....

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
lol, just get some C clamps and be done with it. no, I'd just make a shroud. All you really need is some tin, a way to bend it, some tinsnips and a soldering iron. the stuff I used is like 1/32 of an inch sheet tin.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

lol, just get some C clamps and be done with it. no, I'd just make a shroud. All you really need is some tin, a way to bend it, some tinsnips and a soldering iron. the stuff I used is like 1/32 of an inch sheet tin.

pictures damnit... get a cheapie camera... and get it developed onto a cd.... and yea i have all the tools in the world and endless access to sheetmetal... i dont know how to cut the hole in the top of the case for tubing to get through.... i have a shround that came with it from dangerden...its more of a spacer but how do i put the bugger on?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'll see what I can do about pics. Umm, the whole in the top, or in the side, can be cut with a dremel real easy. Then get something to line it with, I used heatshrink. I don't know anything about the DD shroud, never seen it. For my shroud I used the same idea as in the watercooling guide with the gladware containers, except I replaced them with tin and made the openings big enough to fit 120mm fans. here is a pic in paint for now.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well, I didn't know it was a dual, lol. If you buy a full-tower edition of your case, you have unlimited possibilities of where to put the rad.. so much space... *drools*.. lol
You could even put it on the side (left panel) that only comes off every once in a while so its hassle free. I could fit in a triple 120mm if I wanted to, but everything.. Everything is out of my budget right now, lol.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

your solution

http://www.overclock.net/attachment....tachmentid=471

dude i love you./.... thats my rad and shroud exactly... who's is that so i can know the sequence of nuts and bolts and ****...

EDIT: I seem to have lost my shroud in this mess I call a home...
EDIT: Ok shroud found... now to try and mount it... see i figured it mounted the way it did on that photo but the thing is there isnt any room for the plastic long screws.... i suppose i have to forced them through?

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

its NoAffinity setup

yea i was forced, in your absence, to figure that out... i PMed him and hopefully he responds back... i have time but i want to try and get this done today.. currently im trying to get my printer working under linux

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

dude ive been studying to be a linux admin for the past year now got to go do two assessments tomorrow to pass

well i've almost got it under control... it just that apparently the driver included with ubuntu is missing the ppd and something else... i just installed the driver from sourceforge... i gotta see if it worked... it wont have with my luck since no walked me through it

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

here i found the ppd so just put it in the dir and all should work

http://linuxprinting.org/show_printe...um=Lexmark-Z11

yea found that... but like i told the other guy who helped... i dont know where the directory is... but now i cant get into linux...
i think i dont have enough room on the partition... so now im gonna try and leaktest my rig... but i need to figure out the sequence... i know its pump - rad - blocks - pump... but what abotu the reservoir?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.