Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other thoughts on the matter?

Would you be scared if someone was selling 3 for $140/ea?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would just make sure to test them/it before i bought it.. im weary of dealing with people i dont know and electronics.

Also if it seems to good to be true it probably is....possibly......stolen....
(i only mention it because it seems odd for someone to sell 3 of them for cheap)

Some that may not bother others it might.

Either way if i was looking for a monitor and i could test it out i would probably buy it.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I am not sure I'd buy all 3 anymore because I'd also need to get a new GPU to go with them (at least another 4870, but my mobo can't fit another).

The guy is about 1hr 45min. away, too, so it would be a bit of a pain to go in and test them for any extended period of time. I'd probably wanna run some of those LCD testing programs on it to check for bad pixels and backlight bleed.

I also am morally opposed to purchasing good that "fell off a truck".

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well earlier in the thread Immortalkenny said they are worth 250 a pop, the guy is selling them for 140 a piece... if you are driving for almost 4 hours round trip, and only planning on buying one of them i dont think its worth it.

All that work for saving ninety bucks on a monitor you have no clue where it came from or if the guy will even be there or who he is.....

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killnine View Post
Yeah, I am not sure I'd buy all 3 anymore because I'd also need to get a new GPU to go with them (at least another 4870, but my mobo can't fit another).

The guy is about 1hr 45min. away, too, so it would be a bit of a pain to go in and test them for any extended period of time. I'd probably wanna run some of those LCD testing programs on it to check for bad pixels and backlight bleed.

I also am morally opposed to purchasing good that "fell off a truck".
Buy all three and resell them for profit.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicamaster3
View Post

Buy all three and resell them for profit.

Got word one of them has been sold.

I don't want dual 24"s, I'd rather have 3 so my crosshair is not in a bezel. However, I also don't want to have to buy an eyefinity card to get the setup to work.

Here is the reply I got about the monitor's condition:

Quote:

Purchased them from newegg, was running them on one system. No dead pixels. I only have two of them left. Getting rid of my gaming pc and just using my laptop from now on.

Says he/she has the receipt in the original posting for warranty purposes.

Bah, dunno if it's worth the drive, either.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Well if you can get the pair of them for under $300, go for it

Otherwise, maybe not.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killnine View Post
Got word one of them has been sold.

I don't want dual 24"s, I'd rather have 3 so my crosshair is not in a bezel. However, I also don't want to have to buy an eyefinity card to get the setup to work.

Here is the reply I got about the monitor's condition:

Says he/she has the receipt in the original posting for warranty purposes.

Bah, dunno if it's worth the drive, either.
If it helps you decide, you'd need an additional adapter to run eyefinity on those monitors because they don't support DP. However, I do have a HD2400 (the same as the 2401 but with a few more imputs.) and I love my monitor.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am wondering if I am going to be disappointed with the monitor when going from my current Dell.

Yeah, my current monitor has a 16ms response time but I don't notice it that much, currently. I think color replication is alright on this monitor (S-IPS, I think). A little backlight bleeding, a dead sub-pixel (red, middle of screen), all things I have lived with for the 6 years of having this monitor. The stand is amazing.

I plan on using a VESA desk mount for this next monitor, I think.

Any thoughts on whether this seems like a decent deal? I am probably going to meet the guy on tuesday to do a swap. I'd really prefer to test the monitor out...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I found my monitor to be pretty good. I had mine in good condition with no dead pixels. If I were to be critical, it would have to be the stand it comes with (as you can't change the height) and some blackbleed around the edges (can only see it on a black screen).

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Hard to say, you are using an IPS, vs these which are TN. If I were you, I'd buy 2 more 2001's or 2007's on ebay, and get 4800*1200 eyefinity. Very cheap, and IPS ftw. Only lose a little width.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminouslight
View Post

I found my monitor to be pretty good. I had mine in good condition with no dead pixels. If I were to be critical, it would have to be the stand it comes with (as you can't change the height) and some blackbleed around the edges (can only see it on a black screen).

I have a nice VESA arm mount that I was planning on using instead of the conventional stand. I heard the same about the stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

Hard to say, you are using an IPS, vs these which are TN. If I were you, I'd buy 2 more 2001's or 2007's on ebay, and get 4800*1200 eyefinity. Very cheap, and IPS ftw. Only lose a little width.

I have really noticed the contrast shortcomings of my 2001FP (700:1). It's just not nearly as bright as I would like it to be, even if the colors are pretty good. I have been looking at 2408WFPs, but usually they are priced in the stratosphere, even though they are many years old.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
THey go for low $300's high $200's on ebay. Pretty good price for what you get. Or go with the 2007fp, I got and love mine for $130, if you don't need wide screen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts