Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on getting this monitor soon but I had a question about it. (Yes, I know it is discontinued now.)

I saw it was on sale on TigerDirect for $299 + $50 for a 1year warranty. I have never shopped at TigerDirect by I'm assuming it's trust-able? Also, would you recommend I get the 1 year warranty or just the standard 3 months it comes with?

Thanks

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,135 Posts
I bought this monitor and returned it. It came with a dead pixel but that wasn't the reason why I returned it.

The colors on this display are awesome I will admit but it was a bit dark. The reason I returned it was because the horrible back light bleed. On black screens it was just too harsh to keep.

I got the Samsung in my signature and I love it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The Gateway has HORRIBLE black light bleed. I had 1 before i "upgraded" to the Acer 24''

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hey how do you hook up a monitor that has HDMI?When i try this on my 32hD Tv the resolutions are all messed up.So i have to use the VGA port with an adpater.And this sucks because i get no boot up screen but with my DVI/HDMI cord i do get the boot up screens.But the images are horrible and the resolutions dont work right.I cant even get the 1366x768 native .I get some crazy 1920x980 at 30mhz

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys have any other recommendations for a relatively inexpensive 24"? I'm in the $300 price range.

I've looked at some others, but from reviews I've read the Gateway seems to be the way to go. (It did mention the Black light bleed, but only something that was a minor annoyance. And only really noticeable on completely black environments.) If I did end up getting it and the black light bleeding is as bad as you say, I could still return right? (Even though it is a discontinued model, heh.)

I can only get it at TigerDirect.com, btw.

Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the 2401 came out about a month ago. Hardly better than the 2400, but has 4 less inputs and is $150 more expensive.

I was thinking of getting it, but I saw the specs and the price of it compared to other 24" dissuaded me rather quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts