Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this one for about a day now, chewing on it. I got one last Thursday and it took me ~30 hours to finish a 414 point WU! I took a 720 point Tinker in a day! These cores do seem tough to chew on though, I've just started seeing them in my queue. Is anyone else getting these work units?

·
Registered
390 Posts
i am working on two gbs right know at the same time on the same machine but differant protiens, well the same protien but one is a MUTANT noooooo. anyways they will finish in about 1 day each or a day total. they are worth 188 points each. no tinkers yet, maybe after i build my fx-60 rig i will get some BIG ones.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Yeah, these are far from my favorite WUs. Switching from QMDs to these, I took about an 80% hit in points. Oh well, the research is more important than the score, but it's nice to see the points accumulating.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sorry I'm posting on your thread, but I'm wondering why everyone's program looks different than mine. Mine is the same it just doesn't look like yours or the other people that have posted screenshots...

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
@ remy - you have no control over what WUs you get. The most you can do is set the most favorable settings for your particular computer and hope for the best.

@ Hyrox - post a screenie of your own so we can see what you're talking about.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I mentioned in another thread about the GB Gromacs... Three of my machines are working on them. My main rig is on it's second one. They do take a lot longer to do but like Taeric said, the research is more important than how many points we're accumulating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.