Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following 800 poor reviews, Amazon stops selling download copies of SimCity
Quote:
In what must be a big blow for EA and Maxis, Amazon has stopped selling download copies of the just released SimCity. The game has at time of writing received 833 reviews on Amazon, and has an average rating of just one star. That's because 740 of those are one star reviews. Only 20 people gave it 5 stars. There's few better ways to gauge how a game has been received, and this is pretty damning as to how EA has handled the launch.
SOURCE

Always online DRM works out well.
rolleyes.gif
I wonder what the father of SC thinks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wish I never purchased Dead Space 3 on Origin for me and my friend. The next day after release, it was only 39.99 on Amazon.com, while it was still 59.99 on Origin via Paypal/59.99 + tax/shipping via credit card. Origin is such a scam.

Watch SimsCity drop to 39.99 or lower in a few weeks on Amazon.com, but it'll still be a premium price on Orgin.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Excellent.
devil-smiley-019.gif

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I just don't get this stuff. Pirated copies run because they are cracked to patch out the DRM stuff.. so putting always on DRM on a game you actually pay for does nothing but hurt the people who actually pay for it. It doesn't stop piracy at all.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinonprozac View Post

Is the game that bad or is it just the DRM that ruins a decent game?
Most likely it's the DRM that's causing problems. This is coming from EA though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game does indeed suck once you're able to get into it.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinonprozac View Post

Is the game that bad or is it just the DRM that ruins a decent game?
The servers are extremely overloaded and as a result of the DRM, no one can play, even if they want to play alone.

·
Premium Member
22,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylene View Post

I just don't get this stuff. Pirated copies run because they are cracked to patch out the DRM stuff.. so putting always on DRM on a game you actually pay for does nothing but hurt the people who actually pay for it. It doesn't stop piracy at all.
Depends on how it's implemented. I don't think there are any pirated copies of "Diablo 3".

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

Shows the same for me as well.
Check out the file size. Only 3KB.

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylene View Post

Its not really the DRM... Its the fact that their DRM has completely failed.

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Serious win for us PC gamers! This made my day THANK YOU!
wheee.gif

1 - 20 of 216 Posts