Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I'm new at Oc, wanted to ask couple of questions about my card..
I got Geforce 5700le 256mb 128bit of GigaByte.

I Oc mine instead of 250\\400 to 310\\500, and i want to flash my card to
Geforce FX5700NU bios or even to Geforce 5700Ultra..
Now the questions
:

1)I've noticed that there's a bios for 5700Ultra just for 128MB and my card has 256mb, that's matter\\important?? (i got also a bios for 5700Nu with 256mb so i can do it instead..if it's not possible to add a bios of 5700Ultra with 128mb)

2)For flashing his bios to 5700Nu or Ultra i have to put My clocks (5700le clocks) on the same clocks that 5700Nu or Ultra has?

3)I really don't know how to flash a bios so i appreciate that if someone could help me with that on MSN or something (or even here
)

Thanks alot for reading this, hope u could help me...

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
I've registered on this site just to answear y'r question. I have had a 5700le 256Mb since a year ago, but to tell you the truth I didn't remember what the default clocks were since it was oced from day 1.
Right now I run 470MHz Gpu and 480Mhz Mem, but it works well, not too hot until 525/480 Gpu/Mem.

How does it work? I remember that I copied the bios from my board using a soft "nVflash.exe". After that I used a windows based utility NIBItor that modifies nVidia bioses and changed only the 3D clocks to 350Gpu and 400Mem. I don't advise you to go for very high values in the bios, you can oc further with coolbits in windows.
You save the modified bios, and you can flash it back on your card using nVflash.

I really don't think you can have better results by flashing a 5700nu bios. You may have problems with the memory timings as the 5700nu bios you are flashing may support other memory settings, besides the frequency.
The 5700Ultra supports ddr2 or ddr3 memory as far as I remember, so it's never going to work on your card.

The best thing you can do without screwing y'r card is modifying your existing bios. If it makes you feel better you can change the name of the card to 5700Ultra with nibitor

Flashing is generaly used when you want to permanently unlock pipes, wich is not your case. I think you will find all the software you need on guru3d.com or other nVidia sites.

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
You can't flash it to a non or ULTRA because they are different GPUs...
I tried it already numerous times...best you can do is use Rivatuner or flash it to a another 5700le bios or change the speeds with Nibitor...at your own risk

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Be careful using programs like Nibitor and X-BIOS editor. It's really easy to screw up something with them. I used X-BIOS to clock my old 5200 from 250/266 to 275/280. Above that and I started getting lockups. I'm not going to even touch the BIOS on my 6600LE, as $100 is an awfully large chunk of money for me to blow up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all your replies but i searched on this site for "5700le" and i noticed that some people flashed it to 5700Ultra...

well, can i at least flash it to a regular gf 5700? and i don't know how to flash it so if someone could explain it i appreciate that

and where can i find my 5700le's bios?

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteR-D

thanks for all your replies but i searched on this site for "5700le" and i noticed that some people flashed it to 5700Ultra...

well, can i at least flash it to a regular gf 5700? and i don't know how to flash it so if someone could explain it i appreciate that

and where can i find my 5700le's bios?

Yeah I flashed to an ULTRA...once and had to blind flash it back
!!!!
I used a Gainward bios I believe from MVKTech...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts